Eric Duncan

House of the Dragon | GOT Spin-off | Season 2 June 2024

On 10/6/2021 at 6:29 PM, Jamiem said:

As I said in the HBO Max thread should have posted the trailer on the Game of Thrones YouTube channel rather than the HBO Max one, would have likely gotten better engagement. 

Glad they have started using the Game of Thrones YouTube channel for HotD trailers and behind the scenes in the last month or 2, they seem to be getting pretty good engagement as well which isn't shocking given the viewership of these first 2 episodes. 

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Not anything bad by the way he is just burned out from years on the production and will still be making things with HBO going forward 

Sources say Sapochnik is exiting the show after pouring an exhausting three years of effort into the Game of Thrones prequel. Dragon co-creator Ryan Condal will now serve as the show’s sole showrunner and continue to work closely with co-creator George R.R. Martin. Sapochnik has also entered into a first-look deal with HBO to develop new projects and will remain as an executive producer for the duration of the series.

• Like 2

Re Sapochnik  being forced out: 

WTF?

What is going on here?

Why basically kick into a meaningless Exec Producer one of the guys who is responsible for this show's great sucess>

Yes, if it had been a big dispointment I can see sacking Sapochnik but the show is a sucess on every level.

Going to be fun, though, when the no doubt dirty details emerge.

Edited by dudalb

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Re Sapochnik  being forced out: 

WTF?

What is going on here?

Why basically kick into a meaningless Exec Producer one of the guys who is responsible for this show's great sucess>

Yes, if it had been a big dispointment I can see sacking Sapochnik but the show is a sucess on every level.

Going to be fun, though, when the no doubt dirty details emerge.

What are you talking about. He wasn't forced out

• Like 6

On 8/30/2022 at 3:00 PM, Potiki said:

The Volume continues to be amazing! I didn't even realise that this show was using it but makes sense for the scene. 

But I was reliably informed that The Volume was responsible for shitty sfx. ZTvo87j.png

The Internet/Reddit/Twitter wouldn't sell me wrong here, would it? 

• Haha 1

Easily my favourite show on TV right now, always leaves me wanting more but I’m glad this is weekly as I love talking about the weeks episode with friends.

Really love what they are doing with Rhaenyra and Daemon in terms of similarities and imagery; without getting into deep spoilers.

• Like 3

As @MrPink noted in Telegram, Daemon soloing the Crabfeeder troops felt akin to Brad Pitt in Troy

6812146-6228006-achilles_ftwb.gif

The Stepstones part of the episode felt a little shaky, since it kinda glossed over how after three years Daemon and Corlys were losing, yet also simultaneously had the Crabfeeder's forces pinned into a cave network on a single island. If the original issue was that the Crabfeeder's pirates were assaulting Westerosi ships, then by blockading them to a single part of a single island haven't you met the conditions for victory? Just bottle them up and let them starve.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

As @MrPink noted in Telegram, Daemon soloing the Crabfeeder troops felt akin to Brad Pitt in Troy

6812146-6228006-achilles_ftwb.gif

The Stepstones part of the episode felt a little shaky, since it kinda glossed over how after three years Daemon and Corlys were losing, yet also simultaneously had the Crabfeeder's forces pinned into a cave network on a single island. If the original issue was that the Crabfeeder's pirates were assaulting Westerosi ships, then by blockading them to a single part of a single island haven't you met the conditions for victory? Just bottle them up and let them starve.

The tactics used by Daemon was still better then the battle of Winterfell lol