filmlover

Golden Globes/HFPA news thread (Breaking News: No Ceremony in 2022)

How do they even make a comeback after these past few months? Just scrap these and find a way to combine SAG/WGA/PGA into one televised awards show where you get a room full of stars for awards that actually carry weight since they're industry guilds.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The drama never ends:

Can you copyright a hotel ballroom? LMAO 

The funny thing is, The Critics Choice Awards actually were an enjoyable little awards show not dissimilar from the Golden Globes back when they were on E! (back in the good old days when they were a fun network to turn to for entertainment news before they became The Kardashian Network) but then they were sent to The CW and other discount networks and lost whatever prestige they had due to cheap producers overseeing them. They actually ran out of trophies during the show one year lmao. I stopped watching years ago and can't be bothered anymore.

11 hours ago, filmlover said:

The funny thing is, The Critics Choice Awards actually were an enjoyable little awards show not dissimilar from the Golden Globes back when they were on E! (back in the good old days when they were a fun network to turn to for entertainment news before they became The Kardashian Network) but then they were sent to The CW and other discount networks and lost whatever prestige they had due to cheap producers overseeing them. They actually ran out of trophies during the show one year lmao. I stopped watching years ago and can't be bothered anymore.

I remember that, I think they had to ask earlier winners to volunteer their trophies to get through the end of the show. Didn't they know how many categories there were ahead of time? They seem to have upped the budget a little from those days.

An article about the dust-up: