Box Office Hit

Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile | Sony | October 7, 2022

28 minutes ago, Eric Smiley said:

Oh this is a full-blown musical? Would be nice if they picked an actress who could sing, but I guess I can't do anything to stop that.

The logic of the world still confuses me. The crocodile can sing but can’t talk according to the trailers. If he was parroting songs I kind of getting it but he can sing original songs made up on the fly, just like that?

2 minutes ago, YM! said:

The logic of the world still confuses me. The crocodile can sing but can’t talk according to the trailers. If he was parroting songs I kind of getting it but he can sing original songs made up on the fly, just like that?

My kids have called this movie trailer "Clifford with a singing crocodile" - so, I don't think it needs a deep think - kids sure won't think deeply about the mythology and mechanics...

1 hour ago, Eric Smiley said:

Oh this is a full-blown musical? Would be nice if they picked an actress who could sing, but I guess I can't do anything to stop that.

Why is lip syncing considered such a bad thing in Hollywood? Indian movies all have lip syncing and it's news when an actor decides to sing a song for himself or herself. Actors act, singers sing, use both their talents to your advantage pretty much. Instead we end up with Russell Crowe in Les Miserables.

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

Why is lip syncing considered such a bad thing in Hollywood? Indian movies all have lip syncing and it's news when an actor decides to sing a song for himself or herself. Actors act, singers sing, use both their talents to your advantage pretty much. Instead we end up with Russell Crowe in Les Miserables.

Because not having the actors sing the songs ruin the illusion?

Disney is guilty of trying to avoid this at all costs, which is why they try to get actors who can actually sing in their musicials with the exception of horrible Emma Watson in BATB.

Edited by Mojoguy