Eric Atreides

MEMORIAL DAY 2021 WEEKEND THREAD | AQP2 19.3 Fri, Cruella 7.7 | SALE: $5 OFF FIRST MONTH OF GOLD

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How dare we have thoughtful contemplation and back and forth on cinema andan individual that's relevant

This is why no one wants to post here

Well the numbers are coming in more and more and people want to focus on that. People don't want to read pages on unrelated discussion. This is the box office weekend thread, so I think this is the main relevant point of discussion. I'm sorry if you don't want to mention or talk about that, but you're free to talk about this stuff in other threads if you please. There's the Classic Conversation thread, there's the Clubs section, etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Eric De Vil said:

Well the numbers are coming in more and more and people want to focus on that. People don't want to read pages on unrelated discussion. This is the box office weekend thread, so I think this is the main relevant point of discussion. I'm sorry if you don't want to mention or talk about that, but you're free to talk about this stuff in other threads if you please. There's the Classic Conversation thread, there's the Clubs section, etc.

There's a natural progression to talking about numbers. You can't complain that member don't want to post in this website anymore and also stifle any potential conversation. What we supposed to say 48M is agood number in repeat all day

5 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Man, I just want to know if Demon Slayer held well enough to get to 50M. Curse you funimation, and your poor reporting ways.

I don't remember they were that bad before pandemic, their box office number is quite on spot with other major studios.  Maybe they laid off too many during pandemic until now they are understaffed, or maybe they are still trying to understand what is 45m++  

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

There's a natural progression to talking about numbers. You can't complain that member don't want to post in this website anymore and also stifle any potential conversation. What we supposed to say 48M is agood number in repeat all day

Of course not. I just think that when estimates start to drop, things should be a bit more focused on the numbers and be more on topic. And I don't think pages about the MCU and its merits and how directors are treated are what's needed at this very moment. When things cool down and there's less on topic stuff to talk about, then I think there's more leeway. It's as simple as that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Panda said:

21.3m seems surprisingly good to me

Yup, plus it's Disney who love to underestimate. Cinemascore is A and RT audience score is also high. Movie is likely a success for Disney all things considered.

We have 2 success stories today. 

2 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Yup, plus it's Disney who love to underestimate. Cinemascore is A and RT audience score is also high. Movie is likely a success for Disney all things considered.

We have 2 success stories today. 

We’ll officially…. never know. 

Anyway, the story of the weekend is of course horror bringing the box office back. We love to see it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wonder how Conjuring 3 will do next weekend between Quiet Place 2 breaking out and being available to watch at home the same day. $15M, maybe? Annabelle Comes Home numbers are probably out of the question.

Conjuring 3 did $3.8m here in the UK with serious capacity limitations. The second did $6.9m but was set in the UK and had no pandemic. So I’d agree.

Maybe $15-20m because of pandemic and HBOMax. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wonder how Conjuring 3 will do next weekend between Quiet Place 2 breaking out and being available to watch at home the same day. $15M, maybe? Annabelle Comes Home numbers are probably out of the question.

Don't know how much Quiet Place 2 will hurt it, but I can see $20M. Sales have been doing decent around here and the positive reviews should give it an okay boost before its release.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

We’ll officially…. never know. 

Anyway, the story of the weekend is of course horror bringing the box office back. We love to see it. 

If legs are good and the movie consistently appear on Nielsen charts then it did good.

Raya was considered a disaster for some people when released and here we are, it will pass Tenet domestic and manage to keep reaching top 10 on Nielsen even if it's available only in PA.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Presales are good so maybe $ +20M.

But the movie not only will be available at HBO Max, but it's also Rated R. So i can see it going lower.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RichWS said:

In the Heights going day and date feels like a shame. At least give it a 30-day window. 

I hope WB can eventually realise their day-to-date strategy without any PA is basically killing the hens for eggs.