Eric Duncan

MEMORIAL DAY 2021 WEEKEND THREAD | AQP2 19.3 Fri, Cruella 7.7 | SALE: $5 OFF FIRST MONTH OF GOLD

Strong numbers for both, all things considered. A Quiet Place 2 is on track for the biggest opening of the pandemic era, while Cruella should manage a $25-30M 4-day at least since it's unlikely to be frontloaded.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Actually comparing GvK and AQP2, AQP2's 4.8m is essentially half of the GvK's OD, this make sense since AQP2 is only open on 2nd half? Is that how to analyse the number? 

I’d say it’s more of a coincidence than anything. So many different situations in play between the two. Different theater counts, capacity restrictions, PWPs, and there were some theaters for GvK OD that didn’t open their doors until late afternoon. Some may say there’s no such thing as coincidences though… 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I hope it don't come to that, but a realisitic pessimistic number could be 

12 // 41
9 // 50

As someone who was keeping their expectation low with a 40 something 4-day,

I’d still be fine with it. 

I’m going to officially eat my words. I was going WAY too low on AQP2 (and Cruella to be fair). I really need to start accepting the fact that theaters are really coming back, even if ever so slowly.

Super excited for the next few months. Hopefully both films this weekend are relatively leggy.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I really need to start accepting the fact that theaters are really coming back, even if ever so slowly.

Is it that slow? This AQP2 weekend seems basically normal sized, and Cruella also might be doing the same as it would with its hybrid release plan in a world where covid never happened.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I’d say it’s more of a coincidence than anything. So many different situations in play between the two. Different theater counts, capacity restrictions, PWPs, and there were some theaters for GvK OD that didn’t open their doors until late afternoon. Some may say there’s no such thing as coincidences though… 

In that case I consider GvK is a stronger player all things considered. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

In that case I consider GvK is a stronger player all things considered. 

Yeah GvK’s True FSS of 31.6M in early March (with free streaming no less) will still go down as a stronger performance than AQP2 40s true FSS end of May. 

• Like 2