Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (6/4-6) | Conjuring 24M Weekend, Quiet Place 19.5, Cruella 11.24

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Yep you're right, they completely made this up, it's not a thing and certainly not at Disney.

9 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don't remember Disney officially announcing a sequel that doesn't happen.

And they never made sequels for flops. 

We’ll see if they announce a release date in the next few days like Paramount just did then :) 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Talk about crowding for family films:

Space Jam, Croods 2, Hotel Transylvania 4, Spirit and Jungle Cruise all open within 13 days of each other here in the UK in July, yikes.

So, what you're saying, is that it's the same as every other summer holiday ever? 

12 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

So, what you're saying, is that it's the same as every other summer holiday ever? 

13 days though? And none at all in June? I think it’s to do with the Euros. But I’m pretty sure they’ll eat each other. 

Don't really understand AQP2 weekend number, now the movie is holding like a pixar film during june like Finding Dory or Toy story 4 or I2 during their weekend in summer. I thought live action film will have better weekend gain than family film during summer. 

I'm well aware both movies are doing really well, but it still feels really odd to me how Quiet Place and Conjuring went back-to-back like that. If you moved Conjuring back a couple weeks, it probably would have had a stronger opening. Quiet Place might not have that much of a better hold, but it could have still stayed above 20M. Just seems weird

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

I'm well aware both movies are doing really well, but it still feels really odd to me how Quiet Place and Conjuring went back-to-back like that. If you moved Conjuring back a couple weeks, it probably would have had a stronger opening. Quiet Place might not have that much of a better hold, but it could have still stayed above 20M. Just seems weird

I am in agreement. I still just don't get it.