charlie Jatinder

Netherlands Box Office Thread.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@pepsa you shall check Kinopolis cinemas in Belgium & Luxembourg I suppose. Will give us some idea of how films are doing.

I constantly get error messages, or messages it's sold out. Should be doing fairly well then but still I don't think every session is sold out. Maybe they are having issues with their servers.

9 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Wow, it was really just two weeks. Any news about Netherlands?

No only one week (6 days actcualy) people went protesting alot. So after 4 days the goverment came back to gether and decided that it's fine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LPLC said:

@pepsa Do you have datas for NWH in Belgium ? Can we hope for $7M ?

When will the film be released in the Netherlands ? Your expectations ?

I don't really have data for Belgium, it's hard to come by. But what I do know is that it opened to roughly €2.45m ($2.76m) and that it has entered the top 10 movies of all time in Belgium.  From what I can gather it's at rougly $9.7m right now should add $0.5m more I guess. However this is just my estimate wit the 1.06m admission number that was reported. Biggest SH of all time in Belgium.

As for the netherlands some restricions will be lifted this saturday  but not for cinema's or other culural things. Meaning it will take atleast one more week / maybe an extra after that. I have nu clue how this extreme delay will affect the boxoffice, Depending on when it hits Diney + the delay might have an even bigger inpact.

In normal times I think (seeing the preformance of NWH in Belgium) it would have done something like $16m-$18m (€14-16.5m). If Cinema's do open next week it will all depend on how big OW is, with no big restricitions it still could do over $10m but it has to open soon. If not maybe a few $m but it's hard to predict. Also no holidays is big bummer, xmas is a very big 2 week boost in the Netherlands.

The restictions in the Netherlands have been so sad for the boxoffice, NTTD was going to fly past Spectra and claim the number 3 spot on the all time ranking but because of Covid it ended at just €20.2m ($22.8m) whilst it would have easily gone over €23m

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RiddlerXXR said:

Avatar 2 to €15M in Belgium and €30M in the Netherlands 👀

Will be easier in Belgium then in the Netherlands, though if it's : very good 20% chance or culture phenomenon like Lion king / Titanic / First avatar (20% chance) it could go crazy in the Netherlands.

Why a lot of hype Belgium is quite close in OW value to the Netherlands meaning that with average legs you already have a good shot at 15m, in the netherlands it will be very important what 4th / 5th weekend look like. But I have a lot of trust that it will do great numbers, that sad €10m and €20m are already extremely good.

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

Will be easier in Belgium then in the Netherlands, though if it's : very good 20% chance or culture phenomenon like Lion king / Titanic / First avatar (20% chance) it could go crazy in the Netherlands.

Why a lot of hype Belgium is quite close in OW value to the Netherlands meaning that with average legs you already have a good shot at 15m, in the netherlands it will be very important what 4th / 5th weekend look like. But I have a lot of trust that it will do great numbers, that sad €10m and €20m are already extremely good.

I want it over TLK2019 in the Netherlands. We need about €34M for that, right?

Highest grossing film in Belgium(€)

1 Titanic 18.1m

2.Avatar 15.1m

3.The Lion King 14m

4.The Lord of the ring:The return of the King 10.9m

5.Skyfall 10.3m

6.Star Wars:The Force Awaken 9.9m

7.Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part2 9.9m

8.Pirates of the Caribbean:Dead man's Chest 9.6m

9.The Adventure of Tintin 9.3m

10.Ice age:Dawn of Dinosaur 9.1m

Is not count NWH,so what's the exact gross of NWH?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I don't really have data for Belgium, it's hard to come by. But what I do know is that it opened to roughly €2.45m ($2.76m) and that it has entered the top 10 movies of all time in Belgium.  From what I can gather it's at rougly $9.7m right now should add $0.5m more I guess. However this is just my estimate wit the 1.06m admission number that was reported. Biggest SH of all time in Belgium.

As for the netherlands some restricions will be lifted this saturday  but not for cinema's or other culural things. Meaning it will take atleast one more week / maybe an extra after that. I have nu clue how this extreme delay will affect the boxoffice, Depending on when it hits Diney + the delay might have an even bigger inpact.

In normal times I think (seeing the preformance of NWH in Belgium) it would have done something like $16m-$18m (€14-16.5m). If Cinema's do open next week it will all depend on how big OW is, with no big restricitions it still could do over $10m but it has to open soon. If not maybe a few $m but it's hard to predict. Also no holidays is big bummer, xmas is a very big 2 week boost in the Netherlands.

The restictions in the Netherlands have been so sad for the boxoffice, NTTD was going to fly past Spectra and claim the number 3 spot on the all time ranking but because of Covid it ended at just €20.2m ($22.8m) whilst it would have easily gone over €23m

Thank you very much, I didn't know that NWH was so huge in Belgium, it greatly surpassed AEG there. Fortunately, the cinemas did not close during the holidays as planned.

For Netherlands, I think like you, with the holidays and given the huge success in Belgium, NWH could have overtaken AEG and made $15M-$20M, now I still see positives and I hope that NWH will still manage to make more than $10M (hopefully $10M-$15M), a final that will therefore be between AIW and AEG. Below $10M I will be a little disappointed but in the end it would not be a big deal.