Eric Atreides

F9 WEEKEND THREAD | 70M Opening Weekend! Now 405M Worldwide | The Moovies are back! | One Month of Gold only $7.50

56 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

14 hours ago, Porthos said:

On the other hand, having a classic Deadline Early Estimate be overly optimistic pessimistic would be the clearest sign yet that nature is healing. 

Fixed my own post. 👍

Edited by Porthos

58 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

The only muppets anybody under 40 care about are the current Muppet Babies.

Old people need to let that franchise go.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, john2000 said:

hm, 80 mill ow possible ?

I doubt so, the last 3 movie in the franchise had their preview multiplier at 9.3x-10.4x. Doing 80m require internal multiplier to be as high as 11.3x , that seem very unlikely and must be some outlier word of mouth to propel leg. Even 70m isn't a locked at this stage. I remember we all thought AQP2 could hit 50m with that 19.5m friday and sunday being a holiday but weekend bump was weaker than usual in the end. Hoping some Saturday afternoon thunderstorm in NY can bring some people back in cinema.   

Wasn’t a huge fan of F9, but the crowd I saw it with ate it up. Still think they should’ve left off at F7. Fate of the furious and F9 were clear steps down. 

My rankings 

Fast Five

Fast and furious 6

Fast 1

Furious 7

Tokyo Drift

2 Fast 2 Furious

Fast 4

Fast 8

Fast 9

1 hour ago, Borobudur said:

I doubt so, the last 3 movie in the franchise had their preview multiplier at 9.3x-10.4x. Doing 80m require internal multiplier to be as high as 11.3x , that seem very unlikely and must be some outlier word of mouth to propel leg. Even 70m isn't a locked at this stage. I remember we all thought AQP2 could hit 50m with that 19.5m friday and sunday being a holiday but weekend bump was weaker than usual in the end. Hoping some Saturday afternoon thunderstorm in NY can bring some people back in cinema.   

we will know soon enough

2 hours ago, Borobudur said:
  1. F9 (Uni) 4,179 theaters, $30M Fri/3-day $68M/Wk 1
  2. A Quiet Place 2 (Par) 3,124 (-277) theaters, $1.82M Fri (-35%)/3-day $5.8M (-36%)/Total $136M/Wk 5
  3. Peter Rabbit 2 (Sony) 3,331 theaters (-15) $1.45M (-23%) Fri/3-day $4.55M /Total $28.5M/Wk 3
  4. Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard (LG) 3,361 theaters (+30), $1.33M Fri (-57%)/ 3-day $4.54M (-60%)/Total $25.5M/Wk 2
  5. Cruella (Dis) 2,820 (-290) theaters $1.1M (-27%) Fri-day est. $3.5M (-26%)/Total $71M/Wk 5

Hope F9 can come few millions above 70m that allow overall market goes above 100m for the first time since early 2020 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AJG said:

The only muppets anybody under 40 care about are the current Muppet Babies.

Old people need to let that franchise go.

I’m under 40 and I can tell you that’s incorrect.

I would also watch the hell out of a Muppets Fast and Furious.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Felandria said:

I’m under 40 and I can tell you that’s incorrect.

I would also watch the hell out of a Muppets Fast and Furious.

That Muppets Haunted Mansion special's gonna be soooooooooooooooo fun

• ...wtf 1

From Deadline (and didn't someone mention that the West overperforming would mess up early estimates:)...

"F9 drew 57% guys, with 51% under 25, with 46% between 18-34 years old. There’s always a diverse pull with the Fast & Furious movies, and this one was 33% Caucasian, 31% Latino, 22% Black, & 14% Asian/other. The West was the best for F9, as well as the South, with the top five theaters in LA. Imax and PLF are repping a third of the pic’s business to date, which is extremely healthy."

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Great holds for AQP2 and Cruella. Very solid for F9 all things considered. Audience is definitely back for franchises.

Especially the two with no simultaneous streaming release, clearly. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

From Deadline (and didn't someone mention that the West overperforming would mess up early estimates:)...

"F9 drew 57% guys, with 51% under 25, with 46% between 18-34 years old. There’s always a diverse pull with the Fast & Furious movies, and this one was 33% Caucasian, 31% Latino, 22% Black, & 14% Asian/other. The West was the best for F9, as well as the South, with the top five theaters in LA. Imax and PLF are repping a third of the pic’s business to date, which is extremely healthy."

I am the 14%

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

We were talking about a good shot in the arm for the franchise and this is literally it. Just make the next movie a musical

Vin Diesel inevitably winning Album of the Year at the Grammys is already terrifying. I don’t think my brain could handle this

28 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

We were talking about a good shot in the arm for the franchise and this is literally it. Just make the next movie a musical

I am in!

We just returned from F9. By the way some folks in the telegram chat were talking, I was expecting it to be a total car crash. It’s not. It’s still stupid, but it’s fun stupid. It’s definitely nice to see an Justin Lin behind the wheel again. And there’s tons of fan service to keep people happy.  

• Like 6