Eric Atreides

F9 WEEKEND THREAD | 70M Opening Weekend! Now 405M Worldwide | The Moovies are back! | One Month of Gold only $7.50

Heads up: AQP2 just came out online in 4K HDR. No idea where from. Only subs in the file are French. I’m guessing the theatrical window somewhere is shorter than the US and it got released.

9 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

Deadline :hahaha:

I guess to be fair, the median WW gross starting with TA really is over 1B, and the median domestic gross is 390M. But solos paint a more restrained  picture at 334/860. Widow would be a lot more likely to clear that without PA, imo.   

But the harping on “this hybrid release box office success story would have made even more with pure theatrical” is starting to get kind of funny.

• Like 1

Just came back from F9. It was "interesting". Happy it broke 70s though. Movies are slowly coming back. 

Anyhoo, I did pick up tickets for Black Widow while at the theater to save the online booking fees. The showtimes were already quite full for BW. That was nice to see too.

• Like 2

Excited it made 70 mill. I hope holds up. Love when multiculture cast keep making  millions. It's rare. Hope F&F keeps making that money. 

Saw it yesterday. Gave it 8/10 similar to cinemascore B+. I understand the criticism but I enjoyed every minute lmao. Not my favorite of the films but does make  top 6.

Give me Fast 10.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

Even as a supers fan, I love to see the non-supers blockbuster go big for a weekend - helps keep the market balanced!

PS - And speaking of balance, so I watched ITH and didn't love it, and then some Slingtv channel had A Few Good Men on today, so I had a rewatch of that  - and, damn, that movie is still so spectacular for me.  I had forgotten some of the quieter and clever moments, but damn...I could watch that movie again right now.  It's just so engrossing!  I might have to move it up my all time list, and yes, it gets a spot:)...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AJG said:

Heads up: AQP2 just came out online in 4K HDR. No idea where from. Only subs in the file are French. I’m guessing the theatrical window somewhere is shorter than the US and it got released.

I don’t think we should be encouraging this on a box office forum. 

14 hours ago, AJG said:

I actually seen people sharing HD links for more than a week now..

Very unfortunate..

Edited by TigerPaw

57 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Did it not go to Paramount + after 30 days?

Nope. Judging off the bitrate it looks like the movie came from Amazon Prime. Its been 30 days since the film released in a number of regions so that probably explains why its out.

The 45 day window might only apply to the US.

15 hours ago, AJG said:

Not surprise. Even loki pirated version in HD is spreading like wildfire. 

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

F9 will probably be as worse or par Justice League in term of financials, funny how perception around JL and F9 is totally different because DOM performance of one was below expectations while other is above.

I mean, that’s probably not the main reason perceptions are different 😛 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

I mean, that’s probably not the main reason perceptions are different 😛 

Yeah COVID's one thing but all major markets it released are all over it, and yeah may be if it had opened to $75M in non COVID 2020, it might not have this good perception but then no one spared TENET last year when it flopped in USA (not Canada, in fact even flopping in USA ain't great description considering it didn't released in like half of US).

In the end it is domestic box office that make or break perception for majority of Hollywood media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Not surprise. Even loki pirated version in HD is spreading like wildfire. 

Loki released on D+ hence not surprising; AQP2 people were expecting 45 days exclusive theater window, so this is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

12 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Loki released on D+ hence not surprising; AQP2 people were expecting 45 days exclusive theater window, so this is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Fair enough but I was referring episode 3 in particular, which I think it just debuted few days ago. Let alone something that have been in theater for a month. Still have no idea how did they leak at this speed with perfect subtitle and resolution. 

• Haha 1