Eric Duncan

F9 WEEKEND THREAD | 70M Opening Weekend! Now 405M Worldwide | The Moovies are back! | One Month of Gold only $7.50

30 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Verified RT audience score for F9 right now at 84%. Was 86% when I started typing this. Lower than Mortal Kombat, which is at 86% (but MK started at 88% around the same point).

84 is bad right. Looked couple of films, Cruella is 97, AQP2 93 and Conjuring 3 84. I will go with bad. That's sorta similar to CGV rating I suppose.

Looking at archives, Hobbs and Shaw was 90% on THU and remained so by end of weekend.

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

84 is bad right. Looked couple of films, Cruella is 97, AQP2 93 and Conjuring 3 84. I will go with bad. That's sorta similar to CGV rating I suppose.

Looking at archives, Hobbs and Shaw was 90% on THU and remained so by end of weekend.

90%+ verified typically means an A Cinemascore, 80s is usually a B, below that spells real, real bad news.

• Like 3

I have JUST finished the whole series, so my ranking is at my Letterboxd 

Fast Five

The Fast and The Furious

Hobbs & Shaw

2 Fast 2 Furious

Tokyo Drift

Furious 7

The Fate of the Furious. 

Five is perfect. I love five. And then I have more spoiled thoughts on the other ones. But I love five

And the only reason that I ranks seven above six and four is because of the song. If they didn’t have that song, I’d probably rank it next to last. 

• Like 1

I saw it. The 7pm showing was a nice size. Appropriate audience reactions. Overall, I'm somewhat underwhelmed. I expected more action--the trailers pretty much reveal all 3 big setpieces. But what the film offered in that department, still delivered. I understand why the reception is very mixed. Even for Fast and Furious, it's very plot-driven and melodramatic. The 2nd act will be a problem for many. It might not be "fun" enough. The lack of The Rock really deflates the energy. Cena isn't very memorable.

I'd say it opens mid 60s and falls 60%+ next weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if The Boss Baby beats it for #1

• Thanks 1

Well Vin was the smartest during the Pandemic by delaying Fast 9 for a year while everyone else was playing Release Date Games. Easily the biggest movie released to really try and draw people back.  Yes "QPII" and "Conjuring" did good for their budgets and genre.   More theaters are open now than before.  People are getting out and about.   But it seems "Bad Boys For Life" still holds the OW record since the Pandemic shut everything down.   It did 62.5 3 Day weekend (23.6, 21.7. 17.1) in January.   So that's kind of the bar I'm looking at right now.   Interesting to see what is going to break out Domestically but it's wild that everything is still moving slowly it seems.   Peoples habits have been shifted in the Pandemic.  This is going to take some time.

1 A Quiet Place Part II $129,100,713 3,744 $129,100,713 May 28 Paramount Pictures
2 Godzilla vs. Kong $98,784,490 3,084 $100,102,879 Mar 31 Warner Bros.
3 Cruella $66,876,535 3,922 $66,876,535 May 28 Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
4 Raya and the Last Dragon $54,398,581 2,375 $54,398,581 Mar 5 Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
5 The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It $50,111,284 3,280 $50,111,284 Jun 4 Warner Bros.
6 Tom and Jerry $45,822,877 2,563 $46,041,123 Feb 26 Warner Bros.
7 Mortal Kombat $37,343,225 3,114 $42,189,608 Apr 23 Warner Bros.
8 Demon Slayer: Mugen Train $36,549,517 2,088 $47,700,000 Apr 23 FUNimation Entertainment
9 Wrath of Man $26,994,489 3,007 $26,994,489 May 7 United Artists Releasing
10 The Croods: A New Age $26,227,830 2,211 $58,562,110 Nov 25 Universal Pictures

4 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I saw it. The 7pm showing was a nice size. Appropriate audience reactions. Overall, I'm somewhat underwhelmed. I expected more action--the trailers pretty much reveal all 3 big setpieces. But what the film offered in that department, still delivered. I understand why the reception is very mixed. Even for Fast and Furious, it's very plot-driven and melodramatic. The 2nd act will be a problem for many. It might not be "fun" enough. The lack of The Rock really deflates the energy. Cena isn't very memorable.

I'd say it opens mid 60s and falls 60%+ next weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if The Boss Baby beats it for #1

Ugh that's what I feared. Vin giving us Dom boring ass angst. F4 is my worst film imo because of it.

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Its bad. B+ Cinemascore incoming.

Just been to see it. 
It’s about as good as the last one. Which I quite enjoyed. 

F5 is the outlier, genuinely great movie of the whole franchise. Can’t be topped. 

This, and the last one, were lesser movies of 6 and 7, but that’s ok. 

I was actually surprised how well the whole movie held up when missing Dwayne and obviously Walker. 

Anybody complaining at it jumping the shark clearly hasn’t seen like the last four movies. It’s a fun time. Maybe audiences lost their sense of fun and disbelief in the last year and a half, because the Fast saga hasn’t changed one bit. 

It’s fine. If you’re a fan then I think it’ll deliver for you. 

it’s Universal’s Avengers now. Has been for years. Literally most of the complaining I’ve read about things in this movie can be levelled at every MCU movie. “Oh but they’re superheroes!”  So are Dom and co!! They even acknowledge it in this movie! 

Like I said. Totally fine. If it underperforms then it’s just fatigue, because the record is still the same. 

• Like 2