Eric Atreides

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** BLACK WIDOW SPOILER THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

36 minutes ago, MrPink said:

gimme da leak

Taskmaster is Olga Kurylenko, who plays General Dreykov's daughter Anya. Nat believes that she killed young Anya during an assassionation attempt at Dreykov's life. Nat refers to herself as "monster" because of that (sounds like abit of AoU retcon due to controversy that the line caused). Taskmaster replicates fight moves thanks to her armor. At the end of the movie, Anya leaves the armor behind so I guess they could give it to another character.

Main villain is general Dreykov who has control over Widows via a pheromone so they can't kill him when they smell him or something. LOL. It's supposedly from comic books. So Nat removes a gland so that she couldn't smell/feel Dreykov and thus be able to kill him. She brings down his helicopter. His death also frees all Widows including his daughter from Widow programming.

Nat, Yelena, Melina and Alexei survive. 

Closing credits: Yelena is at Nat's grave when Countess Valentina approaches her and says that she has a mission for her - to kill the man who killed Nat. Then she shows her a tablet with Hawkeye's photo. 

The movie takes palce post-Civil War.

Edited by Valonqar

Surprisingly gut-wrenching and emotional. This is the darkest I've seen the MCU go... ever. The entire cast is great, the story is interesting. I cried multiple times throughout the movie, including the post-credits scene and I am ANGRY they did not make this movie earlier, but am glad we at least have this story to really solidify BW's legacy. But man the first 10 minutes or so is DARK, especially the opening credits (also why are we bringing back opening credits?)

I know people won't be happy about how Taskmaster is portrayed, but I don't read the comics so I hold no attachment to how that character is in the story so don't care.

The action was pretty good, though Natasha is just straight up invincible this movie. Really odd.

I know the fanbase is going to be divided with this movie. Seems that way with pretty much every female superhero movie released in the past 5 years (*cough* misogony)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wormow said:

Surprisingly gut-wrenching and emotional. This is the darkest I've seen the MCU go... ever. The entire cast is great, the story is interesting. I cried multiple times throughout the movie, including the post-credits scene and I am ANGRY they did not make this movie earlier, but am glad we at least have this story to really solidify BW's legacy. But man the first 10 minutes or so is DARK, especially the opening credits (also why are we bringing back opening credits?)

I know people won't be happy about how Taskmaster is portrayed, but I don't read the comics so I hold no attachment to how that character is in the story so don't care.

The action was pretty good, though Natasha is just straight up invincible this movie. Really odd.

I know the fanbase is going to be divided with this movie. Seems that way with pretty much every female superhero movie released in the past 5 years (*cough* misogony)

Before this comes out and before more people start to see it, I just want to try getting one thing out of the way. If you’re genuinely misogynistic (and if you are, you know you are), don’t see this movie, or at least don’t comment about it or rant about it PURELY out of misogyny. 

I really don’t want the first Marvel movie in 2 years to turn into a “if you didn’t like it it’s only because you’re misogynistic” and “if you liked it it’s because you’re a SJW-whatever”.

Let’s discuss the movie on it’s own merits. Please. Let’s kill any other sort of discussion before it can even begin.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

What is the mid-credit scene

There isnt one

Spoiler

Its Natasha getting the plane shes in in Infinity War from her friend. Plays immeadialey after the film

The end credit scene

Spoiler

Elaine from Seinfeld tells Florence Pugh that Hawkeye killed Nat at her grave.

Edited by AJG

59 minutes ago, AJG said:

The end credit scene

Hide contents

Elaine from Seinfeld tells Florence Pugh that Hawkeye killed Nat at her grave.

I'm yet to see the movie this weekend but I'm familiar with this and frankly don't like it as a possible direction for the next movie.

It strikes me as forced drama.

we know that Clint didn't kill Nat so there's really no suspense in that Yelena will believe that he did.

I don't see dramatic value in that. 

44 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm yet to see the movie this weekend but I'm familiar with this and frankly don't like it as a possible direction for the next movie.

Hide contents

we know that Clint didn't kill Nat so there's really no suspense in that Yelena will believe that he did.

Spoiler

Is it not for the Hawkeye TV show?

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

is it? I thought that

Hide contents

Yelena was going to be in the movies and that Hawkeye show was already filmed

I must be wrong.

Yelena’s next appearance (barring a Shang-Chi cameo or some thing — next major appearance) is Hawkeye. Though I think she has already filmed it yeah.

Edited by Lokis Legion

Spoiler

As soon as it happened, I knew “those people” would get their knickers in a twist about Taskmaster being a female. Losers. 

13 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Hide contents

If you’ve yet to see the movie, you won’t enjoy it as much since you’ve read everything that happens in it, within this thread. Your element of surprise will be zero. 

23 minutes ago, Krissykins said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you’ve yet to see the movie, you won’t enjoy it as much since you’ve read everything that happens in it, within this thread. Your element of surprise will be zero. 

I watch all movies spoiled and I enjoy them very much. Everyone has a different way. :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

dare I ask…. Why? 

Oh sure! I have better concentration when I know what to expect, otherwise I would have to write the "I'm still processing it" review :lol:. And in 99% cases, twists aren't something that really surprises you, you can see them from the beginning so not very different from being spoiled. Of movies that I watched cold, only The Mist ending was a genuine WTF WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? that I did not expect in million years. 

On 7/7/2021 at 1:08 PM, Wormow said:

I am ANGRY they did not make this movie earlier

If they had made this movie in 2014, the impact would've been INSANE.  I kept thinking that during the movie.  I was like, 'Oh my god, if I had gotten this during TWS Era, I would've been unbearable.

On 7/7/2021 at 7:54 PM, Valonqar said:

It's not really forced drama when like half of all of Nat's fans thinks Clint should've died for Natasha.

Anyway.

My only issue was we had TWO end scenes when a Quinjet showed up to take them away, and NEITHER of those Quinjets had Sam and Steve in them.  (Well, the SECOND ONE DID.  We just did get the Sam and Steve cameos).  God damn tragedy.

THAT SAID, this like LITERALLY taking place two/three weeks after Civil War meant that Natasha was only away from Sam and Steve for like A MONTH MAX.  That meant my OT3 really did spend two years together in bad hotel rooms. 

7046705-8885496836-black.png

I will always love you.

• Like 2