Cap

BLACK WIDOW OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | 80M DOM, 78 OS, Disney PR - 60M Premier Access (aka we swear it's not a disappoinment)

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

I mean this is a movie where the best moments are all in the first two acts and third act is weaker. For example I think it was overall a better film than CM but CM had the stronger third act. So it makes sense that CM has a better Cinemascore.

I liked first 2 acts of both them equally, may be bit biased for CM since I like more Cosmic stuff than earthly. 3rd act CM also failed but much better than BW. CGI and action was so much better. Here it was plain bad. 

And then Post credit scene make CM gives great ending effect unlike here, which was so so.

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I liked first 2 acts of both them equally, may be bit biased for CM since I like more Cosmic stuff than earthly. 3rd act CM also failed but much better than BW. CGI and action was so much better. Here it was plain bad. 

And then Post credit scene make CM gives great ending effect unlike here, which was so so.

I think I had a higher opinion of the first two acts than you. For me those were top tier MCU.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Bro, now you know what I meant.. the movie was really just very average IMO….

The plot and pacing aside, the fight scenes were shaky and stunt doubles so obvious in this one as well…:

definitely one of the weakest MCU entries IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Bro, now you know what I meant.. the movie was really just very average IMO….

The plot and pacing aside, the fight scenes were shaky and stunt doubles so obvious in this one as well…:

definitely one of the weakest MCU entries IMO

I never doubted IIRC. From trailer 1 CGI & action looked bad and I have been very public about that. Though I didn't expect the first two acts to be that good, as they were.

• Like 1

I think the problem with 3rd act is that is too big and excessive.

It really doesn't need it, the best moments of the movie are the development of characters and the generally more grounded action.

But then by the 3rd act the movie just became massive. And not only doesn't match the tone of the first two acts, but also seems absurd.

Personally i enjoyed, but this is probably the first MCU movie that wasn't asking for this massive action and still they make it happen. Probably Feige and his team worried that ending the movie without explosions and noises could make GP angry.

(And i'm not sure if he's wrong considering 7 months ago we have another female hero movie that face lots of criticism, including for ending without a big action scene).

• Like 7

r/boxoffice in denial . Saying cinemascore is bse of delays .pointed out AS is down to 92%verified ,87% and pointed out major complaints (taskmaster and third act) and poeple have a problem and down vote 

Like that sub but when anything marvel or Dc comes out that sub goes to shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

r/boxoffice in denial . Saying cinemascore is bse of delays .pointed out AS is down to 92%verified ,87% and pointed out major complaints (taskmaster and third act) and poeple have a problem and down vote 

The funny thing is that A- Cinemascore and 92-87% from audiences on RT are a perfectly good reception.

I keep wondering how people are going to react when Marvel puts out something that got a rotten or something. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Precovid 100m OW

Now expecting 80m OW 

BW should have been theatrical only no Disney PA bullshit.

Without it, I wouldn’t be able to watch it. Things are still very tough in Brazil and other places of the world aren’t ready for that just yet. I mean, I’m probably one of the biggest Marvel fanboys that I am aware of and even I have skipped attending a Marvel Studios premiere for the first time. If anything, I hope the numbers are so good for both box office and Disney Plus that they decide to have that for at least Shang-Chi as well.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

A- cinemascore is good, inshort Audience still trust MCU

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

301-BBFE2-B2-BE-4-DEB-9-E18-E6-D43-B7-FE
Loki is provisional of course. Hoping to give WhatIf a 10.  

Ragnarok-Endgame truly an insane run.

Gator Loki isn’t pleased. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RRA said:

It’s a fine score. 

reminds me when the first Thor got a B+. Imagine how much consternation would happen if that was in 2021 lol 

Thor 2 getting A- is mystery to me although over the years ,I have warmed up to it.

1 minute ago, RRA said:

It’s a fine score. 

reminds me when the first Thor got a B+. Imagine how much consternation would happen if that was in 2021 lol 

Movie buzz on social media seems awesome. Here in Brazil people are calling one of the best solo entries in the MCU and I tend to agree with that. I think this will have great legs and the weekend might surprise some. Marvel has always been a beast in weekends, I can see it doing extremely well in places that people are able to attend without too much restriction.

• Like 3

I have a friend watch it by pirating , proudly share it on Insta, and he is a core MCU fan. I don't get how demon slayer fans can wait for months until they got to see it on big screen, like how DS made 50m here but MCU fan simply can't. And BW isn't even a very interconnected story to overall plot to begin with 

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Enjoyed this quite a bit, with a better third act it would have been top tier MCU, as of now mid tier. Still probably my favorite release of phase 4 so far.

It's a legitimately great movie until they rush that third act and give us an entirely unnecessary floating fortress in the sky. I guess the idea is that the Red Room is like Russia's version of Shield, but still...

They also really botched the effects in a key moment involving Yelena. 

Alas, it's merely a good movie. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 3