Cap

BLACK WIDOW OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | 80M DOM, 78 OS, Disney PR - 60M Premier Access (aka we swear it's not a disappoinment)

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Tired Britney Spears GIF
Someone didn’t read the first post.

38 minutes ago, AJG said:

4th post and the thread goes to hell.

I’ll see you guys on Monday.

joke
/jōk/
  1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Me waiting for the preview numbers:

Season 1 Meme GIF by Paramount+

Still hoping for the $100m OW but as long as the biggest pandemic opening I’ll see that as an absolute win.

see_what_you_did_there_doctor_who.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, grey ghost said:

All I can say is maybe the hybrid release hurts this more than we expected.

I'll never understand why these streamers won't release official numbers, even good numbers. Netflix does on occasion, but they're BS. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Whether you personally think they’re too low or not is irrelevant in the bigger picture. The industry write all of the articles and headlines after the film opens and they’ll use the industry tracking as their bar for success and it’ll determine how the performance of the film is perceived. 

Sure, but I don’t care. I’m not talking “will the headlines make it out to be good or bad” I’m talking “how will we, the BOT community, and even more specifically, I Loki’s legions, interpret certain numbers, given what realistic expectations are.”   

And anything below 85,737,841 I will take as pretty bad, because that’s way on the low end of where things look like they should go.   

I won’t actually meltdown unless it goes below AM&tW numbers I guess, the choice of words in my original post was just hyperbolic to continue a bit with Portos. But I’d be quite disappointed with 85, and reasonably so.

Edited by Lokis Legion
  • Like 1

Cross-posting from the Tracking Thread

Black Widow Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report Final Count (Thu)

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 11 151 7593 26072 29.12%

Comp

1.958x of Godzilla vs. Kong's Final Count (19.00M)

1.674x of F9's Final Count (11.89M)

Adjusted Comp

0.344x of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker's Final Count (13.77M)

The GvK one is tempting, but I'm leaning on the lower-end comps at this point in time. Hoping for the best of course!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Tired Britney Spears GIF
Someone didn’t read the first post.

Do they ever? 😂 Read rules and long paragraphs of text?

• Like 1

@Lokis Legion

Fuck it, I am on the 100M train.

That was waaaaaaaay better than it had any right to be. Like, damn fam. It’s so good to have the MCU Thursday showings back. 

sleepy chris evans GIF

• Like 3
  • Astonished 3

11 minutes ago, Cap said:

sorry not sorry GIF

You know, at least you're a real one for giving us a GIF of the sexiest Chris. And for that I propose a compromise: I take charge on introducing all epic weekend threads from now until...November 4, 2021, a date I completely pulled at random and was not chosen because you would kill me if I made a weekend thread on that date.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cap said:

@Lokis Legion

Fuck it, I am on the 100M train.

That was waaaaaaaay better than it had any right to be. Like, damn fam. It’s so good to have the MCU Thursday showings back. 

sleepy chris evans GIF

WOW, the turnaround.   

I guess it really is great to be back at the moovies.   

My showing is in 50 minutes :) 

• Like 3

I saw the 5pm Cinemark XD showing. Theater was packed naturally. I checked the showtimes for tonight and all dozen showings had strong advance sales. It's absolutely mid-tier MCU for me. Found it very sloppy and all the action was buried by the shakycam. The theater was into it, though. Typical Marvel beats. It picked up in the 3rd act with humor that wasn't out of place and real sense of stakes. I think the audience will appreciate how it's one of the darker MCU movies. Florence Pugh is a standout and David Harbour is comic relief. I don't think it's going under 90m at all

TRAILERS: Space Jam. Escape Room. Old. Snake Eyes. Jungle Cruise

• Like 1