Jump to content
Eric and the Ten Rings

Weekend Thread (7/16-18) | Space Jam 31.6, Widow 26.3, Escape Room 8.8, F9 7.6, Boss Baby 4.7

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Porthos said:

 

Well it was certainly an argument that was made, and one Disney chose to believe.

 

Whether or not it was actually true I don't think has been proven.  At all, really.

 

TROS certainly wasn't hurt by Mando, that's for sure.

I was just gonna say that by saying S word, porthos is gonna be summoned.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I was just gonna say that by saying S word, porthos is gonna be summoned.

 

Would have been funnier if you had waited until seeing my next post before you made this comment. :lol: 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I said quality more so than quantity, I wasn’t referring to Solo itself. A movie pays for the sins of the prior entry (which, whatever one’s personal feelings on it, was certainly very divisive). However I don’t want to pull a lordmandeep so for any further thoughts on that maybe take it to DMs.  
 

Also fwiw I think Rebels was a really high quality SW product active around this time period, but just didn’t pull the level of viewership to really move the GA sentiment needle one way or another, too bad. Hoping WhatIf? isn’t consigned to the same fate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

How many times are you going to ask this 

in this thread i only asked it once or twice on 2 different days so whats your point............

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

How many times are you going to ask this 

Until we get it. #WhateverItTakes

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, john2000 said:

in this thread i only asked it once or twice on 2 different days so whats your point............

It seems from the tracking thread that both Space Jam and Black Widow did around $10.2m on Saturday. 
 

So I’d guess $31m for Space Jam 2 and $26m+ for Black Widow. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It seems from the tracking thread that both Space Jam and Black Widow did around $10.2m on Saturday. 
 

So I’d guess $31m for Space Jam 2 and $26m+ for Black Widow. 

Space Jam 2 more on Firday ? why ? what happened?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Space Jam 2 more on Firday ? why ? what happened?

I think it’s because it didn’t have any Thursday previews. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Space jam was either going to stay flat or slightly decrease. Was the decrease a little more than I expected?  yes but it's nothing to worry about . Deadline had it 32m . Staying flat would have it at 35m.

Expected 33-35m. But 31m is fine.

Most of the hbo max releases have behaved like this.  Gvk opened on a Wednesday so weekend was different.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, are we blaming MCU shows for a perfectly natural second weekend drop for the sidequel about an already dead character? BW is doing great for a total filler. Nor many studios would get away with it. 

 

Nobody wanted Solo and they recast it with the actors who didn't resemble the originals in any way. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any predictions for next weekend?

 

Looks like both Old and Snake Eyes are getting 3,300+ locations. 
 

I’m thinking:


Old $15m+ (but very frontloaded if the rumours are true lol)

Snake Eyes $12m 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Wait, are we blaming MCU shows for a perfectly natural second weekend drop for the sidequel about an already dead character? BW is doing great for a total filler. Nor many studios would get away with it. 

 

Nobody wanted Solo and they recast it with the actors who didn't resemble the originals in any way. 

I can’t wait for folks to blame NBA Finals for distracting the basketball discourse for why SJ2 declined like it did.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Space jam was either going to stay flat or slightly decrease. Was the decrease a little more than I expected?  yes but it's nothing to worry about . Deadline had it 32m . Staying flat would have it at 35m.

Expected 33-35m. But 31m is fine.

Most of the hbo max releases have behaved like this.  Gvk opened on a Wednesday so weekend was different.

It beat tracking, it’s core demo it marketed towards seem to like it. This OW is a win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RRA said:

I can’t wait for folks to blame NBA Finals for distracting the basketball discourse for why SJ2 declined like it did.

 

 

 And SJ2 for another NBA ratings nose-dive. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Wait, are we blaming MCU shows for a perfectly natural second weekend drop for the sidequel about an already dead character? BW is doing great for a total filler. Nor many studios would get away with it. 

 

Nobody wanted Solo and they recast it with the actors who didn't resemble the originals in any way. 

Just  a few weeks ago; i see so many people here hyping it up and then talked about how great the July release date is; and how smart it is for Disney to push it back further (from May) as COVID seemed undercontrol... how well it is going to perform..Original Avenger.. 1st MCU movie in 2 years etc.

 

Now after 2 weekends of underperformance - "it is a filler movie" "already dead character". 😅

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Any predictions for next weekend?

 

Looks like both Old and Snake Eyes are getting 3,300+ locations. 
 

I’m thinking:


Old $15m+ (but very frontloaded if the rumours are true lol)

Snake Eyes $12m 

Poor SE. 

 

let me guess for Old…dumb plot twist? That Robot Chicken sketch about that director is evergreen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.