Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (7/16-18) | Space Jam 31.6, Widow 26.3, Escape Room 8.8, F9 7.6, Boss Baby 4.7

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

on 2nd thoughts, I wont use the same words. SJ has limited evening shows to increase a lot while BW has tons of shows. I doubt SJ will go that high. I would update to 12.5m and BW 8m(it should recover with evening show). I would call this a comfortable win for SJ friday and weekend looks good for it barring a collapse. 

Didn’t BW struggle with evenings on opening weekend tho’🤔 

• Like 1

Just watched Space Jam 2. Had a lot of fun watching it for sure. The WB references were great and worked in as organically as possible.

There was a moment at the end which legitimately made me tear up for a second.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Charlie thinks otherwise based on my numbers and he could be more accurate. I just project based on a large sample. Dont take it as actual BO number. I will be closer tomorrow as friday to saturday ratio generally easier to project. 

Considering I have been awfully bad in reading MTC data since F9, I am not sure either.

one of the health indicator for box office market is to examine whether if there are any surprise hit. So far since reopening, I can only say the only surprise hit I agree is Demon Slayer, depending when SJ2 land, love to add that to the list, the rest are just performing in line or worse than pre-pandemic expectation.