Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (7/16-18) | Space Jam 31.6, Widow 26.3, Escape Room 8.8, F9 7.6, Boss Baby 4.7

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

noone disagrees with  that of course d+ and piracy affected it

Some are as they’re trying to compare its drop favourably with other MCU movies. 

The box office should be pretty darn hot right now as people haven’t been in so long. It’s doing alright but it should be doing significantly better. The sooner the product people want to see isn’t handed to them for nothing, the sooner we’ll see big grosses again. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My Space Jam audience of 70-80 last night was pretty much all families aside from my group and 3-4 other childless groups, and the other showings seemed to be a similar breakdown. I don't buy for a second that nostalgia is doing any heavy lifting this weekend; families are starved for anything resembling an event.

If only we had had LUCA in theaters baby

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Disney already made a deal with theaters regarding Shang-Chi's 45 day window. They aren't going back on it.

You might be right...but under Disney's current CEO, I wouldn't put anything past him (you don't want to know his nickname on the Disney boards:)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Damn, just happened to be 500th day since I watched a film in cinema.

I've only seen Fast 9 in the cinema this year. Maybe I'll see Dune but that might be it for me in 2021. A first and a last.

I've seen Tenet (bad movie), AQP2, In The Heights, F9, and Black Widow since COVID-19. Next will be Stillwater, can't wait to see MAGA Damon on the big screen. August looks dire but Candyman scared the shit out of me as a kid so if reviews are good, I'll be there. I'm betting the Hugh Jackman sci-fi joint is probably bad based on release date and lack of marketing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I've seen Tenet (bad movie), AQP2, In The Heights, F9, and Black Widow since COVID-19. Next will be Stillwater, can't wait to see MAGA Damon on the big screen. August looks dire but Candyman scared the shit out of me as a kid so if reviews are good, I'll be there. I'm betting the Hugh Jackman sci-fi joint is probably bad based on release date and lack of marketing.

Speaking of Candyman, that's probably gonna do 30m+ OW. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I’m looking forward to the Cheetos movie. 

You jest, but find a good enough writer, and I bet you could make a great Chester origin story...you could even steal what the company wrote, about him being a starving animal always seeking out cheese curls from neighbors:)...maybe it could be a mystery?:)

Kid movie concepts have started with less:)... 

• Sad 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

You jest, but find a good enough writer, and I bet you could make a great Chester origin story...you could even steal what the company wrote, about him being a starving animal always seeking out cheese curls from neighbors:)...maybe it could be a mystery?:)

Kid movie concepts have started with less:)... 

Family Guy already did it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Are there Pig numbers? I don't care about the other movies 

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

WHERE'S MY PIG (numbers)?!

NEON’s truffle hunter-bent-on-revenge feature Pig starring Nicolas Cage and Alex Wolff posted an estimated $372K yesterday on its way to a $1M 3-day in the top 10

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Speaking of Candyman, that's probably gonna do 30m+ OW. 

I was predicting 40m+ OW pre-pandemic, but they've weirdly stopped marketing it recently and the buzz kind of disappeared because the gap. It was very well positioned to capitalize last summer if the pandemic hadn't hit, but not sure if the buzz is coming back. Still, if well-reviewed, it's def going to be a pandemic-era hit.

17 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The last Hollywood film I watched was TROS 👀

Mine would be same but I went to GvK in April. It was great experience and I just can't wait to go again. I had so many plans for this year. 

All Marvel films, DC films, some Disney movies (Cruella for sure), FF9 and so much more. 

I missed out on everything. 😔