MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

Could this movie break out due to all the other movies disappointing? also it's reviews aren't awful at least. I mean I don't think $200m is in the cards but $100-$150m maybe???

2 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Could this movie break out due to all the other movies disappointing? also it's reviews aren't awful at least. I mean I don't think $200m is in the cards but $100-$150m maybe???

It’ll need a big marketing push this week. 

1 minute ago, Kalo said:

I don't think so. It is on track to open less than Edge of Tomorrow (which opened on a 3 day weekend) for the 5 day. Should have the same legs too. I don't think it will be anywhere near 100-150 mil.

I'm not feeling a domestic break out for this one. I hope that it happens but I don't like predicting based on hope. 

At this point, it would be nice if presales started to explode on Fandango but so far... :jeb!:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

If Edge of Tomorrow is the comparative then we might as well enjoy Alita now because there won't be a sequel ...EoT grossed $370.5 m with a production budget of $178 million, the promo budget was also quite high. 

Not necessarily in Asia, it'll probably do better than that in most markets in Asia, save maybe South Korea, especially in China, where it could even come 100M ahead of EOT (I hope) 

Edited by NCsoft

51895261_363179624520147_866272542714966

So our movie theater just received our copy of Alita and inside was a letter from the studio telling us how this film was made and how they wanted to be shown. In the last year I worked here, I never received a letter from any studio like this. 

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Sadly I think this will end up rotten considering most of the high brow critics haven’t reviewed it yet. I don’t think this will be for them at all... 

NO!! We are at 62% now, higher than ever before! We will NOT go back!!

The "higher" critics, lol - if they are worth their salt - will actually vote YES for Alita!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

51895261_363179624520147_866272542714966

So our movie theater just received our copy of Alita and inside was a letter from the studio telling us how this film was made and how they wanted to be shown. In the last year I worked here, I never received a letter from any studio like this. 

That's really cool.

3D is making a full comeback in the west with Avatar 2 I can feel it. This is the warm up.

9 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

NO!! We are at 62% now, higher than ever before! We will NOT go back!!

The "higher" critics, lol - if they are worth their salt - will actually vote YES for Alita!

I hope so. 

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

That's really cool.

3D is making a full comeback in the west with Avatar 2 I can feel it. This is the warm up.

What if its the last hurrah? And after that they just start removing the 3D kit... 

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

What if its the last hurrah? And after that they just start removing the 3D kit... 

lol.

Rollout DOLBY everywhere then delete the old.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

lol.

Rollout DOLBY everywhere then delete the old.

It's a funny world we live in. 

Alita doesn't need a great top critics score to stay in the 60's. As long as it stays in the 45-50% range and the non top critics like it enough it should stay in the 60's. 

How come we have weekend UK numbers when sessions are still playing? I assume it's a projection.

4~5m would not be great, not flop territory, but not great. For UK we've gotta consider weather too though, January weekend openings hadn't gone past 4.5m until HTTYD3 broke the record this year.

I have high hopes for countries like France on this, if they fail us it'll be pretty sad.

13 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

How come we have weekend UK numbers when sessions are still playing? I assume it's a projection.

4~5m would not be great, not flop territory, but not great. For UK we've gotta consider weather too though, January weekend openings hadn't gone past 4.5m until HTTYD3 broke the record this year.

I have high hopes for countries like France on this, if they fail us it'll be pretty sad.

Said it before and will say again, it will do the best business in South East asian markets. Will struggle in Europe and out right bomb in USA, Latin America and oceania. Sad but what can you do? Fox tried hard.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

At this point, it would be nice if presales started to explode on Fandango but so far... :jeb!:

Yeah, I've had pulse up for a few times today and I've seen more sales for Tangled than Alita...🤔

Edited by Deep Wang
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm disappointed in the UK.

Too few musical numbers. :whosad:

• Sad 1