MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

20 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

The same way I can say UK reviews have been less favorable for Alita.

And I'll also say this again, do not play down UK's weather as a factor throughout the year.

what does this mean? :hahaha:

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I dunno if it would have done that much better, maybe an extra £0.5m with the premium format run extended, but the screen count was proportional. It was just Mary Poppins was waaaaaaaaay overestimated. 

My friend who lives near Dover couldn't find a single screen around him. The nearest screen was in Dover itself and that was a 45 minute drive.

It has pretty much the same critical reception as Aquaman. 

Both have 55 on Metacritic. 

62% for Alita and 65% for Aquaman on RT. 

Keep denying it Jimbo. We all know you are a bigot. Your not cools mean nothing when you literally admitted to being one with your disgusting comment.

• Not Cool 3

3 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

🌈🌈

i have literally zero idea what you are trying to say.

You're saying that because it rains at times in the year, that causes Alita to underperform?

If you knew anything about UK box office you would know films perform better when it rains and perform worse when weather is nice. at this time of year weather makes very little difference bc it's usually miserable.

Though I don't see what "weather throughout the year" has got to do with Alita's performance this weekend??

It snowed last weekend... not this weekend too. Other films do just fine, but Alita underperforming is due to some unnamed weather.

tenor.gif?itemid=10294651

Edited by Avatree
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

My friend who lives near Dover couldn't find a single screen around him. The nearest screen was in Dover itself and that was a 45 minute drive.

Dover is the armpit of the country 😂 there's bugger all near there anyway. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Dover is the armpit of the country 😂 there's bugger all near there anyway. 

Yeah Jim's landed the smackdown on shitty projectors, gotta love him.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah Jim's landed the smackdown on shitty projectors, gotta love him.

he is talking about not being able to find Aquaman in IMAX.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Godzilla said:

Well this got derailed quick lol. 

A signature talent for us brits 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Avatree said:

i have literally zero idea what you are trying to say.

You're saying that because it rains at times in the year, that causes Alita to underperform?

If you knew anything about UK box office you would know films perform better when it rains and perform worse when weather is nice. at this time of year weather makes very little difference bc it's usually miserable.

Though I don't see what "weather throughout the year" has got to do with Alita's performance this weekend??

It snowed last weekend... not this weekend too. Other films do just fine, but Alita underperforming is due to some unnamed weather.

tenor.gif?itemid=10294651

I was referencing a tired old meme, damn. No need to overanalyze.

As for weather and the box office for this month, I was replying on second hand information. So if you feel you have a better grasp of it, I don't mind taking your word for it. I did not read enough about it to insist on standing my ground.

Looks like february must be fabulous after all.

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Keep denying it Jimbo. We all know you are a bigot. Your not cools mean nothing when you literally admitted to being one with your disgusting comment.

Dude, chill.

Edited by WhiteWings
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

Dude, chill.

I have had enough with guys on the internet and them telling what a woman should like and what she shouldn't. Especially when someone like Walsh has a controversial opinoon. God forbid a woman say she doesn't like how female characters are portrayed in movies written by men. 

• Sad 1
  • Not Cool 3

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I have had enough with guys on the internet and them telling what a woman should like and what she shouldn't. Especially when someone like Walsh has a controversial opinoon. God forbid a woman say she doesn't like how female characters are portrayed in movies written by men. 

ah those darned people on the internet, expressing their opinion and stuff! Grrrr.

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

ah those darned people on the internet, expressing their opinion and stuff! Grrrr.

I don't mind expressing opinions but telling a woman what female characters to like when you aren't even a woman yourself is bigotry. Why don't you tell a black person that he is wrong to like Black Panther and to watch real black films like the 100th film about slavery? It is just rude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Not Cool 3

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't mind expressing opinions but telling a woman what female characters to like when you aren't even a woman yourself is bigotry. Why don't you tell a black person that he is wrong to like Black Panther and to watch real black films like the 100th film about slavery? It is just rude.

I think I got a bit lost. Who is telling that women what she should think?

Just now, Avatree said:

I think I got a bit lost. Who is telling that women what she should think?

IronJimbo got pretty pissed that Katie Walsh (critic) doesn't like the way Alita is portrayed (and other female characters written by Cameron) and mockingly said that she probably likes Captain Marvel (because you know, she's an 'SJW feminist' character unlike a 'real' female character like Alita). My problem is with guys on the internet berating women for not liking badly portrayed female characters (in their view). How would a guy know if a woman is properly portrayed or not? 

• Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

The annoying thing is that i cant even read her review (which is now up on RT) since i am from Europe...

And i certainly dont want to tell her which kind of characters she is supposed to like. But contrary to this, she is trying to tell the public to not like female characters written by Cameron (and men in general). And that imho goes a bit far and seems more like trying to stir up controversity for her review. Yes, women are frequently not depicted in the most favourable light and yes, typical badass female characters can be just as bad as damsels in distress (Sucker Punch is probably a good example here), but Camerons depiction/writing of women is certainly not the worst offender with respect to this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

IronJimbo got pretty pissed that Katie Walsh (critic) doesn't like the way Alita is portrayed (and other female characters written by Cameron) and mockingly said that she probably likes Captain Marvel (because you know, she's an 'SJW feminist' character unlike a 'real' female character like Alita). My problem is with guys on the internet berating women for not liking badly portrayed female characters (in their view). How would a guy know if a woman is properly portrayed or not? 

The Internet is a cesspool, just don't dwell on what's in there.