Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

1 minute ago, Panda said:

Scholar making Deep look like a retard over and over again has to be the highlight of this thread!

I just hope that the movie can live up to the high expectations people here are having X__X it is my most anticipated movie of Feb for sure.

I know you are new here, but we don't like to use that kind of language around here and I would appreciate it if you didn't either.

You can think whatever you want of me and my very detailed posts (to which JCS hasn't once responded to except to say "James Cameron" or "You're scared"), but let's try to be polite about it.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alli said:

so...ummm....tracking comes out next week, right? gonna be fun

word of advice, normal tracking doesn't work on this sort of film.

Jim films are anti-gravity and use their own laws.

• Haha 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

you anticipate bad tracking numbers?

• Haha 1

I’m definitely gonna try and see this movie in IMAX 3D if humanly possible. All depends on if I’m able to come home the weekend it comes out. 

If I end up missing it for whatever reason, I’ll try seeing it in regular 3D. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alli said:

you anticipate bad tracking numbers?

I've got it all laid out of how this goes down. The tracking numbers underestimate the opening weekend then massively underestimate the legs.

Pretty easy to estimate that going off what Box Office Pro has already posted as long-range tracking, you've already seen that right?

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim films are anti-gravity and use their own laws.

2,787,965,087 - It's a beautiful number isn't it. 

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What type of IMAX is the BFI? I've got tickets for that one already.

Thanks JCS, I'm sure you could have wrote up something better though.

BFI is still running standard digital imax. You're better off cancelling and going to Leicester Square cineworld as that is Laser. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I've got it all laid out of how this goes down. The tracking numbers underestimate the opening weekend then massively underestimate the legs.

Pretty easy to estimate that going off what Box Office Pro has already posted as long-range tracking, you've already seen that right?

i just checked. They guess 15M OW.   I can see that.  Best, and i mean, absolutely best case scenario it does Edge of Tomorrow opening weekend. But i really doubt it. It's a hard sell imo

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

BFI is still running standard digital imax. You're better off cancelling and going to Leicester Square cineworld as that is Laser. 

wait how much of a difference would that make? fuck

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

so...ummm....tracking comes out next week, right? gonna be fun

tracking will be bad, everyone knows that... so i don't think it's gonna be fun, just predictable

in that case, tracking isn't that important anyway... it's a hard selling movie, a lot of people think it's gonna be bad, what could change this point of view and make Alita breaking out is the quality, if it's indeed a really good movie [and i believe it is], the success probably will come

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

wait how much of a difference would that make? fuck

The colours and brightness are better, laser looks better on the bigger screens as well. It's not got full imax dimensions, but it's a wider screen than the BFI. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The colours and brightness are better, laser looks better on the bigger screens as well. It's not got full imax dimensions, but it's a wider screen than the BFI. 

https://booking.cineworld.co.uk/booking/8110/31174/6d60ff801ce611e992e5d964273fe6fc/tickets

This one? just making a 100% sure. Thanks by the way.

Also seat suggestions would be cool.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Aye, that's the one. Rule of thumb for me is avoid the BFI unless it's 15mm/70pf screenings these days. 

Reccomendation on row number?

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

i just checked. They guess 15M OW.   I can see that.  Best, and i mean, absolutely best case scenario it does Edge of Tomorrow opening weekend. But i really doubt it. It's a hard sell imo

This is my best case scenario for right now, before any tracking is released:

T - 11m

F - 8.25m(-25%)

S - 13.2m(+60%)

S - 10.56m(-20%)

M - 6.34m(-40%)

3 Day - 32.01m

4 Day - 38.35m

Give it 3.75x from the 3 day and you get $120m.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Reccomendation on row number?

Half way or further back, glasses for Laser are kinda weird in front of that point. Hope you enjoy it dude. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Litio said:

Alita's marketing will get stronger by the end of the month. Also, first tracking for Ready Player One said $35m. 

Steven Spielberg's 'Ready Player One' Tracking for Sluggish $35M-Plus U.S. Debut

The difference here is where Alita's initial tracking is.  I highly doubt it's already going to be in the range of $35m.  

It might be $15-20m now and slowly increase and reviews and word start getting around.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

This is my best case scenario for right now, before any tracking is released:

T - 11m

F - 8.25m(-25%)

S - 13.2m(+60%)

S - 10.56m(-20%)

M - 6.34m(-40%)

3 Day - 32.01m

4 Day - 38.35m

Give it 3.75x from the 3 day and you get $120m.

Look at us raising our predictions.  the power of ironjimbo's persuasion!!!!  I even have an Alita Under The Kid who would be king club. that means total bomb for Alita

Edited by Alli