Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Do some research before you spew shit out.

Captain Marvel has 43,000 people who want to watch it on Maoyan while Alita has 31,000. 

Captain Marvel has 7 million trailer views on weibo which is more than Venom, Aquaman, and Ant Man and the Wasp. I have no clue what Alita's trailer views are is but there is certain a lot of hype looking at these numbers.

But I guess you are just going to go on a tangent again and talk about how people will not watch Captain Marvel just because you said so.

Lmao nice research.

The difference in quality will be jarring.

Alita will have been in cinema for two weeks already and using Jim's law of gravity to have insane legs.

• Thanks 1

I don't think Captain Marvel will affect Alita too much in China. Most big blockbusters make around 80% or more of their total gross by the end of the second week. It will lose the majority of its screens when Captain Marvel opens, but that's just the cutthroat nature of the Chinese Box Office. 

14 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I don't think Captain Marvel will affect Alita too much in China. Most big blockbusters make around 80% or more of their total gross by the end of the second week. It will lose the majority of its screens when Captain Marvel opens, but that's just the cutthroat nature of the Chinese Box Office. 

There someone goes again, using normal metrics for Alita.

repeat after me LEGS LEGS LEGS

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

No. 

And keep calling it Jim's film and insulting the Robert Rodriguez by taking credit away from him and giving it to Jim. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Dem dolby prices in London are off-putting to an insane degree. 

What are they £25 a ticket? 

If any London (or UK based BOT folk) want to go to a showing PM me - I'll get you a ticket the proviso being that you see it in IMAX 3D. 

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

What are they £25 a ticket? 

If any London (or UK based BOT folk) want to go to a showing PM me - I'll get you a ticket the proviso being that you see it in IMAX 3D. 

For the best seats in the house, for a busy show, they're charging £40 a head. 25-30 for other recliners. 

36 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No. 

And keep calling it Jim's film and insulting the Robert Rodriguez by taking credit away from him and giving it to Jim. 

Nice strawman brainbox.

I'm not taking credit away.

Repeat after me. ANTI-GRAVITY

I talked with some local industry practitioners today. They are also divided over Alita. A theater manager who knows much about audience tastes feel very optimistic for Alita because he think the core theme of the original work / film is similar with Avatar, and Chinese audience can response it(I trust him because he is always right when predicting box office including $250M+ for AQM & $100M+ for local surprising comedy A Cool Fish, and he believe RP1 level for Alita). Someone don't have much confidence in it because he said he heard something not so good about it. Let's see how it would go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

I talked with some local industry practitioners today. They are also divided over Alita. A theater manager who knows much about audience tastes feel very optimistic for Alita because he think the core theme of the original work / film is similar with Avatar, and Chinese audience can response it(I trust him because he is always right when predicting box office including $250M+ for AQM & $100M+ for local surprising comedy A Cool Fish, and he believe RP1 level for Alita). Someone don't have much confidence in it because he said he heard something not so good about it. Let's see how it would go.

I thought this was getting rave reviews though? 

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I thought this was getting rave reviews though? 

At this point, yes. But a reminder is that film like Valérian also got very positive early reactions...

40 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

At this point, yes. But a reminder is that film like Valérian also got very positive early reactions...

Are we still trying to compare that car crash to Alita? 

RR couldn't direct a movie as bad as Valerian if he lost the use of his frontal lobe, I really don't get why people are so keen to conflate them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Are we still trying to compare that car crash to Alita? 

RR couldn't direct a movie as bad as Valerian if he lost the use of his frontal lobe, I really don't get why people are so keen to conflate them. 

Spy Kids 3 and 4, both the Machete movies, Sharkboy and Lavagirl (lmao, this movie actually exists), and Shorts are way worse than would like a word with you. At least people were able to look at Valerian.

Edit: 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Lmao nice research.

The difference in quality will be jarring.

Alita will have been in cinema for two weeks already and using Jim's law of gravity to have insane legs.

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

There someone goes again, using normal metrics for Alita.

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Nice strawman brainbox.

I'm not taking credit away.

Repeat after me. ANTI-GRAVITY

Okay, @IronJimbo, let's see you put your money where your mouth is!

2 months of Gold for the winner.  Anything under a 6x I win, anything over and you win.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Okay, @IronJimbo, let's see you put your money where your mouth is!

2 months of Gold for the winner.  Anything under a 6x I win, anything over and you win.

I said 5 to 7x and you want to take my midpoint?

You laughed at that range remember!

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I said 5 to 7x and you want to take my midpoint?

You laughed at that range remember!

Yes, and you insist that it will hit it.  

Unless you aren't actually confident it will hit a 6x...?

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Yes, and you insist that it will hit it.  

Unless you aren't actually confident it will hit a 6x...?

5x is in his range.

Are you afraid it hits 5x? 🤔

• Haha 1