Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

The fact my hommie JC had to settle for the Dua Lipa entity says a ton  about the mediocrity of the current ww pop music scene.

Tragic really.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

The fact my hommie JC had to settle for the Dua Lipa entity says a ton  about the mediocrity of the current ww pop music scene.

Tragic really.

to be fair pitbull was busy working on his aquaman song so he couldn't get the best pop music had to offer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Tragic really.

Yeah, from Celine Dion for Titanic to this schlock.

• Not Cool 1

7 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

At this point, yes. But a reminder is that film like Valérian also got very positive early reactions...

Weird, I don't remember seeing much of those. And honestly, the "he said he heard something not so good about it" can be said about every single film. It just doesn't mean anything. 

Regardless of what others might think of her, I love Dua Lipa's part in this song.

10 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Dem dolby prices in London are off-putting to an insane degree. 

They’re madness. 

But....if this is as eye-ball assaulting as I think it will be - just might be worth the outlay 

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, from Celine Dion for Titanic to this schlock.

I rmember film nerds looking askance at the choice of Celine Dion too. Some things never change. :lol: 

Edited by Telemachos
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I rmember film nerds looking askance at the choice of Celine Dion too. Some things never change. :lol: 

HOOOOOOOLD ON TOOOOOOOOOOOOONIGHT!!! this is not a SWAN SONG, SWAN SONG.. SWAN DIVE.. IT'S A NEW LIFE

Celine Dion never liked the Titanic song.

ALso, she did just " ONE" take, we re basicaly hearing the demo .

Also :

T2 : Guns n Roses, You Could Be Mine

True Lies : Living Colour , Sunshine of Your Love (Cream Cover)

38 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

pop music has always been in a bad place to a certain type of music nerd. they whined about the beatles 50 years ago and they'll say the exact same things about whoever today (not making a 1:1 comparison between the beatles and dua lipa just saying it's hard to take those complaints seriously when they've never changed)

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, IronJimbo said:

https://booking.cineworld.co.uk/booking/8110/31174/6d60ff801ce611e992e5d964273fe6fc/tickets

This one? just making a 100% sure. Thanks by the way.

Also seat suggestions would be cool.

fuck me, £26 for a cinema ticket!?

and sit further back. I think Laser IMAX is a little different, I sat quite far forward last time I saw a film in Laser 3D, and it didn't work properly. lots of shadow / dual images. Watched it again and sat at the back and it was fine.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:31 PM, IronJimbo said:

Dua Lipa will help massively in the UK though.

post Malone couldn't stop Spiderverse from flopping. So no way dua lipa can stop Alita from flopping.

6 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Well, I'm kind of glad that it's finally Celine's turn to have her legacy recognized and not to be seen as a joke, she never deserved the hate, being one of the best pop female vocalist of our time. 

10 hours ago, AndyLL said:

We do ask that they are moderate and do not involve life changing amounts since we have had issues with this in the past.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Avatree said:

post Malone couldn't stop Spiderverse from flopping. So no way dua lipa can stop Alita from flopping.

Spiderverse also had 97% on RT, which I highly doubt Alita will have.

So a critical darling, one of the most famous and well known superheroes of all time, DURING Christmas is going to crawl to a 5x(maybe).

But Alita is just gonna make it look easy, huh?

• Like 1

I was watching a streaming of Steven Universe on Cartoon Network (U.S.) yesterday and I swear that every single commercial break had an advertise for Alita. 

Edited by salvador-232

21 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Spiderverse also had 97% on RT, which I highly doubt Alita will have.

So a critical darling, one of the most famous and well known superheroes of all time, DURING Christmas is going to crawl to a 5x(maybe).

But Alita is just gonna make it look easy, huh?

Well spiderverse did amazingly well in America. I was responding to jimbos claim that Dua Lipa will help in the UK.

(Spiderverse flopped HARD here in the UK. Grossed equivalent of about 70M)

Edited by Avatree