Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

44 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The leggiest February film

Why looking only at February? Doesn't make sense...

16 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Why looking only at February? Doesn't make sense...

To be fair, it's probably really hard to find a movie that has a 5x or more outside of the Christmas window.  

But don't you generally want to compare movies with other movies in the same release window?

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

To be fair, it's probably really hard to find a movie that has a 5x or more outside of the Christmas window.  

But don't you generally want to compare movies with other movies in the same release window?

"normally"

and that is why you fail

Jim has his own laws of physics.

14 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Don't think so. There's nothing particularly unique about February, which applies to most months.

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

and that is why you fail

Quoting Star Wars!

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim has his own laws of physics.

Yes, it's true that Cameron's movies all have really long legs, and nobody can argue against that fact.

I can however, note that all but one of his movies came from a time when movies had legs and weren't very surprising.  Yes, Titanic and Avatar's respective multi's trump (most)everything that year and since, again, can't argue against that.  

So that means he has actually only had two movies that generated above average(WAAAAY above to be fair) legs for the time.  Not coincidentally, those both released in the same window before Christmas which everyone knows, gives everything much better legs than normal.  

I predict that Alita will pull a My Big Fat Greek Wedding and get a 401x multi off it's OW.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I predict that Alita will pull a My Big Fat Greek Wedding and get a 401x multi off it's OW.

That's all?

Oh hey that's if it gets bad reception. Worst case scenario - that's the floor.

I remain optimistic for one Billie x multi

• Haha 2

Alita was the most intriguing box office story of 2018, and now it is again in 2019. The power of Jim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Alita was the most intriguing box office story of 2018, and now it is again in 2019. The power of Jim.

Well said

• Thanks 1

This thread really is a bit of a dumpster fire... i just want this to be a good movie. And if it can make enough to merit a sequel would be icing on the cake (there is a ton of truly epic stuff going on during the manga which would be great to see on the big screen).

Btw, seems like the final marketing push is starting now. Google trends is picking up

chjPgXu.png

Also i really wonder how far they will go with Hugos Arc... could be pretty special if done right.

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

This thread really is a bit of a dumpster fire... i just want this to be a good movie. And if it can make enough to merit a sequel would be icing on the cake (there is a ton of truly epic stuff going on during the manga which would be great to see on the big screen).

Btw, seems like the final marketing push is starting now. Google trends is starting to pick up

chjPgXu.png

Cuck0 you wish has already come true.

Alita: Battle Angel is a great movie.

overheard a conversation work today

"you see the trailer for that battle angel?"

"no, uhm waht's that"

"battle angel! it's by the Avatar and Titanic guy"

"oh cool"

one billie coming through

• Like 1

Billies everywhere for everybody all the time !!!!

11 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

Btw, seems like the final marketing push is starting now. Google trends is picking up

If you want to compare, it is probably better not to use Topics but do directly "Alita" against "Captain Marvel": CM still has a huge advantage in recent months - as expected.

But it does show an encouraging uptick for Alita the last few days.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Billies everywhere for everybody all the time !!!!

W5g8Ah1.jpg

one billie, two billie, three billie, FOUR! FIVE BILLIE, SIX BILLIE, TEN BILLIE,MORE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

32 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

If you want to compare, it is probably better not to use Topics but do directly "Alita" against "Captain Marvel": CM still has a huge advantage in recent months - as expected.

But it does show an encouraging uptick for Alita the last few days.

Hm, that is true. Though i am never sure whether using the non topic option includes too much stuff that is not related. The difference between the CM topic and the general search term is huge. But it still reflects the times when trailers hit so i guess it does fit.

Anyways, hope fox can drum up some more excitement for this to get it over the current long term tracking :)

• Thanks 1

James Billie Cameron. 

• Haha 2

so what are people predicting for OW?  

I say 15M

• Like 1