Jump to content
Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

James Billie Cameron. 

James "Iron "Billie Maker" Jim" Cameron

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alli said:

so what are people predicting for OW?  

 

I say 15M

I reckon low/mid-20s. Range is between Valerian/Jupiter on the bottom end (more likely) , and Edge of Tomorrow on the higher end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Avatree said:

I reckon low/mid-20s. Range is between Valerian/Jupiter on the bottom end (more likely) , and Edge of Tomorrow on the higher end.

Ghost in the Shell opened to 18M and i feel that had more hype. We shall see

  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Avatree said:

I reckon low/mid-20s. Range is between Valerian/Jupiter on the bottom end (more likely) , and Edge of Tomorrow on the higher end.

Avatree I'll make a special case just for you as you were banned.

 

What's your WW prediction and I'll add you to the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

worldwide? I'll say 271M.

 

Is this for your In/All-In club? over 600M or something is that it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Avatree said:

worldwide? I'll say 271M.

 

Is this for your In/All-In club? over 600M or something is that it?

Yes

 

I closed the club to stop people from voting in after reviews and such poured in.

 

The quality of the film is part of the prediction afterall.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the part that worries me... Robert Rodriguez films are usually crap. 

I stand by the film btw and I hope it does well. But I am 90% sure it will bomb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Avatree said:

That's the part that worries me... Robert Rodriguez films are usually crap. 

I stand by the film btw and I hope it does well. But I am 90% sure it will bomb.

You'll be happy to know it's super high quality 🤙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You'll be happy to know it's super high quality 🤙

source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alli said:

source?

the source is your brain Alli, you just have to find it!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IronJimbo said:

the source is your brain Alli, you just have to find it!

oooohhh someone is getting nervous.

 

when does the review embargo end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alli said:

oooohhh someone is getting nervous.

 

when does the review embargo end?

28th

 

and I'm not nervous at all. Only thing I'm nervous about is my bet with Deep Wang which will be hard if Alita opens to $100m.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

 

 

and I'm not nervous at all. Only thing I'm nervous about is my bet with Deep Wang which will be hard if Alita opens to $100m.

pfffft   how much did you bet? i don't wanna see you lose your house on a surefire flop

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alli said:

source?

Uh, do you even have to ask? It's got JIM's name to it.

Everything Jim touches is gold. Jim has never been involved in any film before that is anything less than "super high quality".

 

Image result for piranha 2

 

  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Uh, do you even have to ask? It's got JIM's name to it.

Everything Jim touches is gold. Jim has never been involved in any film before that is anything less than "super high quality".

 

Image result for piranha 2

 

The Cameron fans will tell you that he's really involved this time.

 

when he got the time is a mystery. the man is busy with his avatar sequels

Edited by Alli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Alli said:

Ghost in the Shell opened to 18M and i feel that had more hype. We shall see

The GitS comparison is interesting since both movies feature Cyborgs that try to regain lost memories (GitS Manga/Movie does not use this plot device... that was one of the bigger changes in the movie). Main difference is that the GitS source material is quite a bit more heady and detached and thus harder to adapt into a movie that can attract mainstream audiences. That and the mediocre reviews did not help.

Alitas source material is in a sense much much simpler and significantly more emotional. Alita also tries to find out who/what she is, but she does that through increasingly grueling (physical and emotional) ordeals. I think mainstream audiences will be quite a bit more comfortable with this kind of story. If reviews are good to great and good early WOM from e.g. the UK kicks in i hope this has a shot at 40m to 50m OW (also the whole "the strange eyes thing" makes for a nice underdog narrative...). Which is probably currently more than double the long term tracking  😢

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread should really already be renamed to:

 

Iron Jimbo and his Flying Haters Circus... :)

 

With some rich wise folks like JCScholar and the Shay sitting on the sides, enjoying the show...

Edited by shayhiri
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

28th

 

and I'm not nervous at all. Only thing I'm nervous about is my bet with Deep Wang which will be hard if Alita opens to $100m.

lmaooooooo

 

If this thing hits $100m opening weekend, I'll make sure you get Gold for 12 months.

 

I know what you mean by this, it's still just funny to think of it hitting anywhere near $100m.

Edited by Deep Wang
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alli said:

pfffft   how much did you bet? i don't wanna see you lose your house on a surefire flop

 2 months of Gold for O/U 5x.

 

I'll let you try and figure out who has which.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alli said:

The Cameron fans will tell you that he's really involved this time.

 

when he got the time is a mystery. the man is busy with his avatar sequels

Don't underestimate Jim.

 

He works 16 hours a day, energy levels of a terminator.

 

and Alli it ain't a mystery, he literally told us he was working on Avatar during the days, alita at nights and terminator 6 on weekends

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.