Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

When civilisations de-evolve, Exhibit A :

(Guns&Roses)

Poor Jim, forced to lower himself.

Basic teenage girls* listening to shit - you give them shit.

You can't catch 'em with Guns&Roses, so no need to try.

* the make it or break it demo for any would-be 4Quad blockbuster

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah thats a can of worms for later

Fuck the Manga; if it's indeed not suitable enough, Jim will rewrite it or write a new Alita story. Let's hope at least the first movie has a flawless story. These Japanese can be really weird sometimes.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Yes.

I'm hoping I can see it in IMAX 3D if possible but honestly, I wouldn't mind trying D-Box either. Watching the motorball sequence will probably feel like riding a roller coaster.

I saw Skull Island and Last Jedi in D-Box; Those were cool, but this is going to fit so much better!

5 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

I just watched the Mirror Punch scene. Actually the Junkie XL's cue at 0:17 is the basis of Dua Lipa's song verse and pre-chorus. It's the same chord progression in the same key so I think there's still a sinergy between the score and the song however flimsy and tenuous it sounds because of the modern pop/trap arrangements.

1 hour ago, ImNotExcited said:

:Gaga:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I'm estimating this vid will be on around 20-30m by 2 weeks, much bigger than any of the trailers.

When the song hits the charts whenever it does, the viewcount will rise much further.

Good exposure!

Teenage girls have been responsible for the production of the worst artists, music and songs in History.

#FactsOfLife

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Teenage girls have been responsible for the production of the worst artists, music and songs in History.

#FactsOfLife

Also books and movies. There are thousands of BIG examples. (Twilight, Hunger Games and its clones, 50 Shades of Grey and so on.)

The Shay is wise and just though, so he also hates basic MALE stuff like:

cars, crime, wars, sports & games & videogames - and the movies (F&F, American war & gangster movies, Expendables and so on) that come out of it.

Edited by shayhiri

This thing started presales in Chile. Is somewhat rare for any movie to have pre-sales here, let alone 3 weeks before (I think just IW and Broly did like 1 month of presales). Is all for premium screens and sub-titled showings, very very weird strategy. Don't know if the same will happen in other OS countries.

I checked like 15 showtimes and it hasn't sold a single ticket yet. 

If this doesn't end up breaking out then we aren't going to have a big box office hit until Captain Marvel in March.

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

When civilisations de-evolve, Exhibit A :

Poor Jim, forced to lower himself.

Can we keep this thread to Alita bashing, not GnR bashing. No need to bring that out of nowhere. Great band. Sorry that popular things are popular. 

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Can we keep this thread to Alita bashing, not GnR bashing. No need to bring that out of nowhere. Great band. Sorry that popular things are popular. 

No, no, I was making a comparison with the Lipa thing.

I like some dua lipa songs, but this one is bad. it's not catchy and where's the chorus? it sux imo

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

#FactsOfLife

Teenage girl artists or teenage girl fans?

1 hour ago, salvador-232 said:

This thing started presales in Chile. Is somewhat rare for any movie to have pre-sales here, let alone 3 weeks before (I think just IW and Broly did like 1 month of presales). Is all for premium screens and sub-titled showings, very very weird strategy. Don't know if the same will happen in other OS countries.

Presales in Croatia 3 weeks before prepremiere (13th of February). 34 tickets sold so far.

Edited by DeLaMuerte

1 hour ago, salvador-232 said:

1 minute ago, DeLaMuerte said:

Presales in Croatia 3 weeks before prepremiere (13th of February). Around 25 tickets sold so far.

it's smashing, guys!  :sweat:

Credit where it's due, the times I checked the other day had a fair few seats sold, unusual for a film this far out

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I hate music snobs.

it's super funny that the futurist is the music version of those "film bros/snobs/whatever" he's always complaining about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Max Martin is one of the most important artists of the last 20 years.

never heard of him