Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

On opening day, my nearest Cineworld only has 3 regular 2D showings, 3 IMAX showings and 3 4DX showings (sharing the premium format screens with How to Train Your Dragon)...and there’s only a handful of tickets sold in each...

Hate to say it, but I really can’t see this breaking out. It’s going to get crushed by Lego and HTTYD.

Can we all just take a moment to laugh at @IronJimbo being called aggressive? What kind of cotton wool world do you live in where IJ comes across as aggressive? 

Honestly, thank you @Mulder best laugh I've had all week. :hahaha:

11 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

On opening day, my nearest Cineworld only has 3 regular 2D showings, 3 IMAX showings and 3 4DX showings (sharing the premium format screens with How to Train Your Dragon)...and there’s only a handful of tickets sold in each...

Hate to say it, but I really can’t see this breaking out. It’s going to get crushed by Lego and HTTYD.

Hopefully we'll see that expand if WOM is good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Can we all just take a moment to laugh at @IronJimbo being called aggressive? What kind of cotton wool world do you live in where IJ comes across as aggressive? 

Honestly, thank you @Mulder best laugh I've had all week. :hahaha:

I mean you want the economy to collapse for Avatar I don't think you live in reality either.

• Not Cool 3

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

I mean you want the economy to collapse for Avatar I don't think you live in reality either.

The economy already collapsed for Avatar, you mean the sequels? I want an economic downturn for more than just Jim's success, my ETFs are killing me, if it doesn't hit by 2021 I'm in trouble. The collapse is inevitable, I only want favorable timings. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

The economy already collapsed for Avatar, you mean the sequels? I want an economic downturn for more than just Jim's success, my ETFs are killing me, if it doesn't hit by 2021 I'm in trouble. The collapse is inevitable, I only want favorable timings. 

r/IAmNotASupervillain

• Not Cool 1

r/IAmNotASupervillain

You need to go back

• Haha 1

r/IAmNotASupervillain

Could someone explain the putting an r in front of things? I don't get it, I feel like there is something I'm missing out on? Does it stand for remedial? 

• ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Could someone explain the putting an r in front of things? I don't get it, I feel like there is something I'm missing out on? Does it stand for remedial? 

I think it's a reference to Reddit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Gentle reminder this isn't a film made for critics.

That's what people say to defend a film that is perceived as bad by a great deal of people. RR has directed films that have decent reviews before so I don't know why you wrote this? It's not impossible for Alita to get decent reviews. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That's what people say to defend a film that is perceived as bad by a great deal of people. RR has directed films that have decent reviews before so I don't know why you wrote this? It's not impossible for Alita to get decent reviews. 

Eh no.

Look at Avatar and Titanic's RT score.

Greatest WOM in history.. but the RT critic score? Good not great.

WOM is infintely more important than bloody critic scores.

I'm expecting 75-90% on this RT score.

The point is that it's what someone who is defending a film loved by the overwhelming majority would say. You got it backwards.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

Starting to see this as a glaring issue with BOT.

Everyone likes to tell you what you're thinking, a bunch of mind readers on here I swear. @JamesCameronScholar

• Sad 1

Reviews can help/damage a film for the Opening Weekend. Everything after that is determined by WOM.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Reviews can help/damage a film for the Opening Weekend. Everything after that is determined by WOM.

Good reviews, killer WOM.

Been my prediction from day 1.

5th clip comes, if we don't count motorball one which was deleted by Fox days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sweet jesus, this is scary realistic. Couldn't help but smile at the "haven't I?", this is going to be a film with meat on its bones and actual substance. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 1

Saw my first 30 sec. TV ad yesterday on TSN (The Sports Network) during the NBA halftime show. 

Ad focus

1- From the producers of AVATAR 

2- The 3D cinematic experience of the year 

3- Clip was all action from a variety of scenes, nothing new revealed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

@Muldere

Beyond gaining full IMAX service from Friday 8th, it definitely won't change in the first week. It's unlikely to gain much beyond that unless some standard 3D shows get added which is very uncommon these days. 

It looked fantastic. The animated characters had more heart than the living ones.

Shocking since living ones are played by Jorge Ledeborg and JaiBless. Couldn't have seen it coming. 

• Haha 1