Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm going to guess that tickets are gonna be announced as on sale when the review embargo drops tomorrow/later today (Thur).  Maybe??  

Then again, I expected them to go on sale officially earlier in the week, so who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tickets are stronger. Maybe it was announced?

Updated by @akvalley: 2019-01-31 01:58:16 Central (Lock time Fridays 11:00:00)
BUY TIME	TICKETS	MOVIE TITLE
--------------------------------------------------
2019-01-31 02:00:00	34	Fandango Early Access How to Train Your Dragon The Hidden World
2019-01-31 02:00:00	19	Alita Battle Angel An IMAX 3D Experience

2019-01-31 02:00:00	2	Alita Battle Angel 3D
2019-01-31 01:00:00	154	Fandango Early Access How to Train Your Dragon The Hidden World
2019-01-31 01:00:00	50	Miss Bala (2019)
2019-01-31 01:00:00	46	Glass (2019)
2019-01-31 01:00:00	39	The Upside
2019-01-31 01:00:00	23	Aquaman
2019-01-31 01:00:00	19	Alita Battle Angel An IMAX 3D Experience
2019-01-31 01:00:00	16	Alita Battle Angel 3D

2019-01-31 01:00:00	8	Alita Battle Angel

That's great

Source: http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/Fandango_track.txt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YLF said:

Tickets seem to be on sale at amc just not announced yet. I’m able to purchase tickets.

Only have them for the local Regal outfits (Regal + UA) here in Sacratomato.  Still have no listings for Cinemark, Cinema West or Studio Movie Grill.

Also, FWIW, my local True IMAX theater doesn't look like it will get the Wed Preview Night screening, almost certainly because they had a seven full day contract to show LEGO Movie 2.  I say that because they are showing LM2 all the way up to 7pm on that Thur, but their schedule for 7pm/10pm is conspicuously absent on Thur the 14th, and they have no listings at all for that coming weekend.

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'll be seeing Jim tonight if anyone wants me to pass on a message. 

WHAT?!!! Maybe, how much live action will there be in the Avatar sequels? 

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Pillow talk?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Ask him if he thinks using the later volumes of the manga will be harder to translate into a sequel. (the story is a little more wacky IIRC)

Or ask him if he'd ever go on Joe Rogan. 😊

Edited by vovin

Oh yeah, I'm at book 7 and it's so out there and Japanese, obviously, although in a great way. 

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Tell him I said that Avatar was one of the films that changed my life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Tell him I said that Avatar was one of the films that changed my life.

Same here, I don't remember ever having an experience like it from seeing it on the day of release, barely anyone in the room, being fucking blown away, and then four more times and there wasn't a seat left in the room every time. 

• Like 1

Alita hit with trademark lawsuit.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/foxs-alita-battle-angel-hit-trademark-lawsuit-1181407

Battle Angel" is at the center of a legal fight.

Fox is facing a lawsuit over Robert Rodriquez's upcoming big-budget sci-fi flick Alita: Battle Angel from a Florida company that claims it owns the "Battle Angel" trademark.

Epic Stone Group on Wednesday sued 20th Century Fox for trademark infringement and unfair competition in Florida federal court, claiming it owns the rights to "Battle Angel" and has been selling merchandise bearing the mark for more than a decade.

The 2009 trademark includes computer games, action figures and other toys, according to the complaint. Epic also filed a new application in April 2018 to cover things like DVDs, e-books, downloadable film and television programs featuring space combat, ring tones and graphics.

• Not Cool 1

some more reviews were posted on letterboxd. it's not looking good, but let's wait

• Not Cool 1

16 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Alita hit with trademark lawsuit.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/foxs-alita-battle-angel-hit-trademark-lawsuit-1181407

Battle Angel" is at the center of a legal fight.

Fox is facing a lawsuit over Robert Rodriquez's upcoming big-budget sci-fi flick Alita: Battle Angel from a Florida company that claims it owns the "Battle Angel" trademark.

Epic Stone Group on Wednesday sued 20th Century Fox for trademark infringement and unfair competition in Florida federal court, claiming it owns the rights to "Battle Angel" and has been selling merchandise bearing the mark for more than a decade.

The 2009 trademark includes computer games, action figures and other toys, according to the complaint. Epic also filed a new application in April 2018 to cover things like DVDs, e-books, downloadable film and television programs featuring space combat, ring tones and graphics.

Cheeky little shits

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The fact there was no tracking released last week (when it's always released three weeks in advance of release) was a pretty clear indication that the industry isn't expecting much from this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alli said:

some more reviews were posted on letterboxd. it's not looking good, but let's wait

We already have a good idea from the reactions we got that the films IS good, but obviously, there will be people who don't dig it, that's life. 

LOL, had a look out of curiosity, it's just two guys with a 2.5 stars review basically saying the story leaves much to be desired (lol) and the other one that it's directionless, predictable and shallow. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

13 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

We already have a good idea from the reactions we got that the films IS good, but obviously, there will be people who don't dig it, that's life. 

LOL, had a look out of curiosity, it's just two guys with a 2.5 stars review basically saying the story leaves much to be desired (lol) and the other one that it's directionless, predictable and shallow. 

One of them put 3 stars for Meg and 4 for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, 4.5 - Pacific Rim:hahaha:

Edited by Serg91
  • Haha 1

Paul Shirey gave it an 8/10, but he also gave Aquaman a 9/10 so I wouldn't take his opinion that seriously.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2