Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

That’s nothing, a true fan knows it will leg to at least 5A!

only 4A's are needed for 10b!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Hey guys remember when the initial RT reviews were rolling in and Alita was between 20-30% and the Jimbo haters were gloating at what a colossal flop this would be? Haha, I remember that too. :hahaha:

I actually collected all the Alita haters posts just in case...:Gaga:

(LOL at using that troll Dman7 post as the exemple of Alita fans delusional predictions)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • Not Cool 1

24 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

I actually collected all the Alita haters posts just in case...:Gaga:

(LOL at using that troll Dman7 post as the exemple of Alita fans delusional predictions)

Image-collage that nutritious crow please.

• Haha 2

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/02/18/alita-battle-angel-adaptation-greatest-movie-in-the-world-yukito-kishiro-comments/

Thankfully, original series creator Yukito Kishiro is on the side of anime fans and, after seeing the film five times already, claims it is the "greatest movie in the world."

No idea if this was posted here already...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

This was reported several days ago but now it's official

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm glad it is over performing it's dirt low expectations and I hope it gets like a 5.0 multiplier here in the states as I would like a sequel. The billion predictions were still silly.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm glad it is over performing it's dirt low expectations and I hope it gets like a 5.0 multiplier here in the states as I would like a sequel. The billion predictions were still silly.

were silly? until it reaches 1 billion, you cannot say for sure that it will or will not reach 1 billion.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

were silly? until it reaches 1 billion, you cannot say for sure that it will or will not reach 1 billion.

I can say whatever I want.

2 hours ago, Inuyaki said:

Well, that's what the Shay says too: definitely a Top 10 for the decade - and a revolutionary leap ahead!

This movie is living history, guys. And the absurd hurdles it meets just makes this history all the more dramatic and significant.

Too bad many of you are on the wrong side of it (the history). :) But some of you are already coming to the light, which the Shay always approves of.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Yeesh, just reading through this thread, it's making me glad I'm taking psychology courses, cause it's sorta letting me see what's going on in here.

Anyone heard of groupthink or group polarization? The former is basically when a group loses touch with reality through discussions with like-minded individuals who hold the same opinions and whose opinions feed off of each other through overconfidence, conformity, and self-justification. Group polarization is basically when a group's attitudes become more and more extreme following discussion with only like-minded individuals (think American politics right now). 

Seriously, this thread is turning off into some praise circle where all of a sudden "a billion is locked" for a movie that is still going to be lucky to break even at the 450-500M barrier. I have no doubt that many of you know how box office works, but it really seems like you're losing touch with the reality of the situation by constantly feeding off of each other's opinions. 

Anywho, time to abandon thread. 

Yeah, democrats and modern progressists aren't the most self aware, i'll give you that.

• Like 1

"I read some books in school, now take a seat & let me lecture you on what's going through your brain because I am more intelligent than you" *tips fedora*

To get this back on track here is a very nice interview with Rodriguez. It goes into details about what was cut from JCs original script

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1040751-exclusive-robert-rodriguez-on-those-big-alita-cameos-sequels

People have noted that he knows how to keep things (relatively) cheap and compact and he goes into a little detail here :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chuck0 said:

To get this back on track here is a very nice interview with Rodriguez. It goes into details about what was cut from JCs original script

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1040751-exclusive-robert-rodriguez-on-those-big-alita-cameos-sequels

People have noted that he knows how to keep things (relatively) cheap and compact and he goes into a little detail here :)

That first question mentions three cameos, I forgot yes there was a JC  cameo, I laughed a bit when he appeared.

And the interviewer clearly missed out a fourth cameo....

2 hours ago, vovin said:

This was reported several days ago but now it's official

Its now 60% with critics on RT and has a 93% audience score.

It seems that critics are getting it wrong more often than not nowadays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

so critics verdict: good

audience verdict: good

crITicS aRE So OuT of TOucH

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Fucking tools, at least half of them, it seems.

Can someone shed some light on the audience score? How big is 93%? Have we had something as big recently? What about such egregious divide between the 2 scores??!! Where can I check other movies' scores?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

so critics verdict: good

audience verdict: good

crITicS aRE So OuT of TOucH

Audience score: Great

Critics Score: Meh

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Fucking tools, at least half of them, it seems.

Can someone shed some light on the audience score? How big is 93%? Have we had something as big recently? What about such egregious divide between the 2 scores??!! Where can I check other movies' scores?

I imagine the most recent one is SpiderVerse with 94%, for some reason american audiences just went head over heels with that movie. baffles the mind.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Audience score: Great

Critics Score: Meh

if someone thinks "meh" that is a negative reaction, clearly not the reaction that 60% i.e. the majority of critics had. the majority of critics liked it.

Just looking through RT critics (not sure how the site lists them), I see loads of 7/10, 3.5/5, 4/5, A-, B+,

these are not "meh" scores. a lot of critics liked it not thinking it was "meh".

what is your point, anyway?

Edited by Avatree

I am ok with a non perfect critics score for Alita (the movie does have a few rough edges)... though i would really wish that it could finally stabilize at least on the fresh side. I think it is still only a few reviews away from rotten 😭 (and i suspect that during the day it will again flip, like it has done a few times in the last few days)

As for other movies with a similar user score. Spiderverse has 94% user rating with an average of 4.6 at 12.000 votes. Alita has less votes (approx. 8k) and a little lower percentage, but the same average.

Also, it is nice reading stuff like this from movie sites

https://www.slashfilm.com/alita-battle-angel-technology/

Edited by chuck0
  • Thanks 1