Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

15 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

So my original plan to walk 55 minutes to see this film did not happen last weekend...

...so now its happening again since I've already seen it because my roommate is pretty excited for it. 

Hurray for Alita getting you in shape! \o/

Looking at these threads right now, I can't wait to see what'll happen around here during the second week. Either party seems intent in sinking with their ship ( one of them repeatedly accusing the other of blind denial without looking at itself ).

Well... at least I'll be playing music if mine sinks, not lock myself into a room. 🎼

11 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

Either party seems intent in sinking with their ship (one of them repeatedly accusing the other of blind denial without looking at itself).

Not really. Many of the initial "haters" changed ship, saying that Alita will be profitable, which they find surprising and good.

This warmed the old Shay's heart, because it means they weren't real haters, just skeptical - which is normal. Thanks guys, I really appreciate this. Mulder, Lorddemaxus and many others...

Also, everyone at least liked the movie, most loved it. In that spirit, I no longer feel any need to vehemently defend the movie and attack "naysayers". If we all shake hands on 450m to 650m WW and that Alita is a good original movie, which deserves the chance of a sequel - I'm pretty sure even Jimbo will leave the billie talk and join in.

So what we all have left in this thread is wish Alita well and see how far it takes her. :)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Shay, you legit just told me to go to hell a month ago so please shut up.

No, I said there's a special place in hell for people like you (who say they'd rather see Lego 2 instead of Alita, because they find it more aesthetic). Which:

1. is just a figure of speech, not even a metaphor

2. considering we had never talked till then, was obviously light-hearted

You, however, took it REALLY bad, I don't know why, maybe you were new here.

Anyway, I'd like to apologize to you for this now. No insult was ever meant in any way - so there's no need for such to be taken. :)

I'm OK if you still hate on me here from time to time, if it looks like I deserve it - I just don't want it to be over a misunderstanding.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

The pacing and the length is what really hurt BvS. It was borrrrrring in some parts. 

7 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Because the actual person calling every single shot, every single take for 17 hours a day is Robert Rodriguez.  

Nobody is saying Cameron isn't highly involved or invested, he obviously was.  

Everyone with BASIC knowledge of the project knows Jim was on the set for just 1 day, entry level stuff.

Jim fans talk about Jim in Alita, the film he has been talking about making for 20 years. NEWS AT 11!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Never really got the people complaining about the talk of Jim, as seen with the marketing and numerous interviews he has been absolutely pivotal.

I guess people look for any excuse to come at the Jim gang huh?

Little tip, try not to use strawman fallacy so much, anyone with half a brain see's through it.

They don't have much else to go on do they? #1 of ALL TIME. 

• Like 2

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

Nothing special about the movie, except for the graphic. A lot of people complain about Aquaman’s dialogue, I wonder how they will/would feel watching this?

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Are we still on for it beating antman? 

The club ended up being a decent benchmark which will ensure a sequel. We can go higher than that though JCS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

beating ant-man2 will take some shenanigans,

125 dom

150 china

300 os-china-japan // absurd assumption for the sake of it

= 575 ww-japan

requiring about 48 from japan to beat ant-man2

still think 100-110 below ant-man2 is the benchmark (very impressive compared to pre-release expectations)

110 dom

160 china+japan (127.5 china + 32.5 japan)

240 os-china-japan

= 510 ww

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

The club ended up being a decent benchmark which will ensure a sequel. We can go higher than that though JCS.

I believe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Alita: Battle Angel Monday $5.2mn. 4 days weekend $33.4mn. Total $42.1mn.

• Like 3

Hello everyone, I'm new to box office discussion. Anyone knows what's the tracking like for Japan.

Was Michelle R in the credits? I still haven't seen her, I know who she is in the movie, but wonder if she'll be a bigger part of the future series. 

• Thanks 1