Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

I don't know who you're quoting here, but he apparently possesses extraordinarily good taste - though a bit extravagant. I'm in full agreement, except for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which is an abomination and I actually despise its whole sungenre - so you must be mistaken here, but other than that: a very nice recap, thanks.

As for the thread and the home market - brace yourself, things are just getting started. :) And what I said about Alita and CM in my country was only the truth, as always. I didn't say it made more (they made more or less the same, which is still very good for Alita), I only said that Alita was kept in cinemas twice longer than CM. So someone (cinema managers and audience) must have loved her. :) She's a cutie. Unlike you know who.

You. I'm quoting you. Everything I quoted is from you. I do think I misread your assessment on Vampire Hunter, you're post was bouncing back and forth between that and the Spielberg film.

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

As you would say, OMG, WON'T THIS THREAD DIE ALREADY??

The Irony bank thanks you for your contributions. 🧐

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/19/2019 at 3:48 PM, shayhiri said:

As for Alita's thread and home market - brace yourself, things are really just getting started. :) And what I said about Alita and CM in my country was only the truth, as always. I didn't say it made more (they made more or less the same, which is still very good for Alita), I only said that Alita was kept in cinemas twice longer than CM. So someone (cinema managers and audience) must have loved her. :) She's a cutie. Unlike you know who.

Yes! Alita will do damm well in home market, and people will feel sorry for not seeing our cutie on the big screen.

From Twitter, I found in China, many cinema managers are keeping Alita in IMAX for two months despite there are other IMAX movies. And today is the last day for Alita in China, so many theaters organized an ALITA farewell event for fans to see our little angel one last time and say good bye to her. It’s so touching to see those tweets, and I’m so proud of Alita fans from China.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

I miss this movie...

Hope I see it again in the marathon they do on the Thursday before the opening of Alita 2: Fallen Angel. :)

• Thanks 4

I came in this thread going "This isn't on home video yet?"

Then I realized it's only been out for 2.5 months.

This year has been SO long already.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, pls, you guys should signal here when Alita hits home market - so we can start tracking her inevitable success there!

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

14 hours ago, shayhiri said:

I miss this movie...

Hope I see it again in the marathon they do on the Thursday before the opening of Alita 2: Fallen Angel. :)

Sequel - Alita: Avenging Angel

This is what I expect most from the movie industry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Home release dates have been shifting around a little, and a lot of them are still up in the air. The ones that have been confirmed were for late June or July.

Pretty frustrating.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:25 PM, WhiteWings said:

The Irony bank thanks you for your contributions. 🧐

People don't follow self-defeating arguments so well around these parts. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Finally some news on the home video front. 

ON DIGITAL JULY 9 | ON BLU-RAY, DVD & 4K ULTRA HD JULY 23

https://www.foxmovies.com/movies/alita-battle-angel#digital

Damn that’s a long time. Home video doing their old ways again with releasing this near the end of the summer. 

I'm pretty sure US even gets on home video sooner than this.

Can't wait to watch it again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do you guys think Pikachu will do Alita numbers - or will fail to even match that?

It's a bit better domestic - but looks worse WW.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Do you guys think Pikachu will do Alita numbers - or will fail to even match that?

It's what I've been thinking since the opening weekend. These genres have it pretty rough thanks to their predecesors. 

( blame garbage makers like Uwe Boll )

Edited by WhiteWings

4 hours ago, shayhiri said:

With China and Japan posting better than expected holds, I'm afraid Pikachu will confortably pass the 400M mark, and thus Alita's gross.

Unless it's very frontloaded in other markets or course - the failure requires a sub-85M WW weekend to be quite possible, and sub-80M to be more likely than not.

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

With China and Japan posting better than expected holds, I'm afraid Pikachu will confortably pass the 400M mark, and thus Alita's gross.

Unless it's very frontloaded in other markets or course - the failure requires a sub-85M WW weekend to be quite possible, and sub-80M to be more likely than not.

That's nothing to be afraid of, let's hope it is so.

Personally after watching it I wouldn't say DP deserves a breakthrough, but it definitely deserves to go past 400m. But I'm currently skeptical about it.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to seeing Alita on Disney+

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Not Cool 1