Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

Posted (edited)

I’m literally sitting here laughing at people delusional enough to think this movie WONT get a sequel. It’s been proven it did well enough at the box office that sequel talks are feasible. Look it up. It’s has a very high chance of happening.

Edited by SeekersLegacy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Was there another movie that had more pages in thread than millions in BO? :kitschjob:

2 hours ago, SeekersLegacy said:

I’m literally sitting here laughing at people delusional enough to think this movie WONT get a sequel. It’s been proven it did well enough at the box office that sequel talks are feasible. Look it up. It’s has a very high chance of happening.

Yep it has a huge 0% chance of happening. At least we will always have this jewel of a thread.

• ...wtf 1

41 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Was there another movie that had more pages in thread than millions in BO? :kitschjob:

hmm maybe not?

Avatar 2 is a possiblity the thread will stay alive until Avatar 3 is out in dec 2023 so it may be able to make it to 5000 pages

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiQ said:

Any Nolan film - check the catalog. Interstellar had over 1000 pages. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimiQ said:

Pokemon Detective Pikachu.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Any Nolan film - check the catalog. Interstellar had over 1000 pages. 

only 1000?  what a bunch of suckers...  lol, when was this?  2014?  blind mice!

Spoiler

hey Brenda, don't destroy all the droids before i get there

Obama-laughing-Getty-Images-Jewel-Samad-

Spoiler

putin-laughs-at-obama-e1431984654405.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_meq0g26PNS1r20f1fo1_500.gif?fbcli

Edited by Slave Animal Rights
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SeekersLegacy said:

This sequel is like Tinkerbell, it only exists if you believe it exists.

Im sure you all will be able to will this into theaters

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)

To people complaining about this thread getting bumped or coming here to just hate on the movie:

It's no fun for me either to have to read through your uncontributive and irrationally hateful comments to get to any actual news.

So the announcement was about an Amazon Prime animation. Well, at least it looks pretty interesting. Rosa deserves to be a bigger name, and more work.

Edited by WhiteWings
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, SeekersLegacy said:

Look what up? It was a failure and even if by a miracle it hasn't lost money, it sure as shit isn't getting a sequel greenlit by Fox/Disney. When was the last time Disney gave a sequel to a film that did what Alita did?

• Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WhiteWings said:

So the announcement was about an Amazon Prime animation. Well, at least it looks pretty interesting. Rosa deserves to be a bigger name, and more work.

Yes, I was a little disappointed too with no Alita sequel announcement, but every time a sci-fi themed original property gets announced, I'm excited. She described it as "tale of loss and redemption, spirituality, family, and one woman’s journey through the cosmos "  Apparently it will involve "bending of time and reality", sounds really cool to me!

Off topic but Amazon prime is going to produce so much exciting sci-fi and fantasy materials in the upcoming years. Adaptations of Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time, Ringworld, The Dark Tower, Snow Crash, Lazarus and Consider Phlebas, there's probably more that I'm forgetting. Aside from Avatar sequels and slate of Pixar originals, these shows are mine most anticipated things to watch.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Look what up? It was a failure and even if by a miracle it hasn't lost money, it sure as shit isn't getting a sequel greenlit by Fox/Disney. When was the last time Disney gave a sequel to a film that did what Alita did?

If Disney won't give me another Tron, we aren't getting another Alita. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

If Disney won't give me another Tron, we aren't getting another Alita. 

why would you want another Tron Legacy ?

18lt3ezf8zafajpg.jpg

Pretty sure I'm the only hardcore Alita fan who does NOT want a sequel...

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

why would you want another Tron Legacy ?

18lt3ezf8zafajpg.jpg

That movie clicked with me in a big way, love it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Pretty sure I'm the only hardcore Alita fan who does NOT want a sequel...

Why not?

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 10:18 PM, IronJimbo said:

Why not?

Alita is just a perfect picture for me. On top of that, the ending became, view after view, my favourite part of the film, and sums up my whole symbolisation of the film. A sequel would most likely not reach the height of the original (though I'd have said the same about T2 had I lived in the 80's), and ruin the ending by turning it into a non-ending.

Also, it's kind of a modern thing to have the necessity of sequels. It's harder now to just see a great (or very liked, or whatever) movie, treat it as a solo and be done with it.

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

Alita is just a perfect picture for me. On top of that, the ending became, view after view, my favourite part of the film, and sums up my whole symbolisation of the film. A sequel would most likely not reach the height of the original (though I'd have said the same about T2 had I lived in the 80's), and ruin the ending by turning it into a non-ending.

Also, it's kind of a modern thing to have the necessity of sequels. It's harder now to just see a great (or very liked, or whatever) movie, treat it as a solo and be done with it.

You should read the manga! Sequel would hopefully have lots of motorball and dr.nova antics.

• Like 2

Oh, here's my favourite thread again - inching on towards 500 pages, as shay-predicted.

And THEN they officially announce the sequel!! :)

• Like 1