Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

Posted (edited)

Well, since this got bumped and there are some hardcore James Cameron fans around: A collector edition has been made available with a signed certificate (not printed but personally signed, according to an Amazon employee). Presumably signed by: James Cameron, Jon Landau and Robert Rodriguez.

https://www.amazon.com/Alita-Battle-Limited-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B07QVPMQK9

Edited by WhiteWings

19 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

Well, since this got bumped and there are some hardcore James Cameron fans around: A collector edition has been made available with a signed certificate (not printed but personally signed, according to an Amazon employee). Presumably signed by: James Cameron, Jon Landau and Robert Rodriguez.

https://www.amazon.com/Alita-Battle-Limited-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B07QVPMQK9

I read that as 'Personally signed by an Amazon employee' and went 'Sounds about right.'

Hmm, so we get two contradictory posts in a row, one laughing at the "overpriced" item, followed by another incredulous about the signature veracity.
> Checks what forum i'm at.

Sounds about right. :hahaha:

It's $200 for a single movie. It's insane if anyone does that I will make fun of them Disney, MCU, DC etc. It's ridiculous. It better be real or that's just stealing.

Just now, cdsacken said:

It's $200 for a single movie. It's insane if anyone does that I will make fun of them Disney, MCU, DC etc. It's ridiculous. It better be real or that's just stealing.

Yeah, I agree that if it wasn't real that'd be pretty much robbery. I don't see James (I'm gonna focus on Avatar because it made bank) Cameron to sit and do hundreds of signatures otherwise though.

In case anyone needs a reminder, can't wait to watch this at home. 

D7Hb1hoVsAAxKEH.jpg:large

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Morieris said:

interesting how they say the city can last more than 10 years

They really had plans to go for more. I actually think it would be possible for a sequel to cost less and maintain about the same production values since they have invested in things that can be reused. Not only the city, but also how they spent time perfecting the look of the characters (especially Alita who underwent a bit of a transformation from the first teaser). Even CG landscapes are things that can be reused like the motorball stadium.

And I know the sequel would've been much more heavy on the motorball, I was really hoping to see more of that.

Who knows, it seems to be building a significant fan base little by a little and looks to be doing quite well in digital / blu-ray sales and other ancillaries. Anything is possible if there's enough will.

Somehow I think they would hate to see that city they built go to waste

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 3

I mean I'd pay 200 bucks for a James Cameron signature. Although, only if I watched him sign it himself, and I got a photo with him afterwards :lol: 

43 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I mean I'd pay 200 bucks for a James Cameron signature. Although, only if I watched him sign it himself, and I got a photo with him afterwards :lol: 

You can get one for way cheaper on ebay.

Posted (edited)

Production Budget: $170 million
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $107,141,678    28.3%
Foreign:  $271,000,000    71.7%

Worldwide:  $378,141,678  

Do you recognize those numbers?

Well, you should. This is the notorious Godzilla 2 movie, now very close to the end of its run.

Now, you know what the Shay is gonna ask: why is this getting yet another sequel,

one that is sure to be even more ridiculous and flopping?

How is Alita not better than that in any possible way?

Edited by shayhiri
  • Thanks 1

Is this getting a re-release  to pass Avatar?  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

this article is making Alita fans go crazy

And why wouldn't it? It's a garbage, poorly written, poorly researched, poorly reasoned article, written to stoke rage. If it was a post in this thread it would be worthy of a permanent threadban. Please don't link such trash in this thread. 

EDIT: Nevermind, all is forgiven because the twitter link is worth a read for the reactions. It's nice to see the author getting absolutely clobbered.

D-84egxXYAERmsA.jpg:large

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

And why wouldn't it? It's a garbage, poorly written, poorly researched, poorly reasoned article, written to stoke rage. If it was a post in this thread it would be worthy of a permanent threadban. Please don't link such trash in this thread. 

EDIT: Nevermind, all is forgiven because the twitter link is worth a read for the reactions. It's nice to see the author getting absolutely clobbered.

D-84egxXYAERmsA.jpg:large

Modern 'journalism' is a joke. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Modern 'journalism' is a joke. 

They’re professional whiners.

• Like 4

the digital release for rentals and purchases comes out tomorrow, July 9th

THIS is all we need to know.

This means Alita will finally be able to stick it back to all the liars who wronged her and tried to kill her. And she is notoriously good at that! ;)

Good, strong art always wins. You can not kill it. It will kill you, if you try.

Posted (edited)

The vlogger adds: “[She is] the perfect wife, the perfect daughter and the perfect friend.”

"Are this movie's fans secretly members of the alt-right" I can see how someone would start off an article that was bc lbr, most people did not care about this until people wanted it to succeed out of spite bc they hate vocal cries for diversity (despite this being more diverse and aware than CM), but not necessarily finish that way.

Like...that's how part of the narrative about this movie's release went.

After it came and went, the altright went on to, what, milkshakes.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1