Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | Embargo Lifted. Reviews Pg 211

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

Uhhh seeing that tweet makes me wish to leave the Alita Army. Is that who I'm associated with if I loved Alita? 😕 

Lots of people you disagree with and don't like will also like the same movies as you. It shouldn't change your opinion of the movie.

6 hours ago, Avatree said:

Uhhh seeing that tweet makes me wish to leave the Alita Army. Is that who I'm associated with if I loved Alita? 😕 

Aha, as if Elon did 9/11 or faked the Moon landings? There are much, much worse people in America.

What do you hate him for anyway?

19 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Aha, as if Elon did 9/11 or faked the Moon landings? There are much, much worse people in America.

What do you hate him for anyway?

I don't hate him, but he's the kind of petulant manchild I don't wish to be likened to. But people seem to have this image that fans of Alita are alt right incel type idiots like Elon musk

• Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Avatree said:

I don't hate him, but he's the kind of petulant manchild I don't wish to be likened to. But people seem to have this image that fans of Alita are alt right incel type idiots like Elon musk

I wish the world had more "alt right incel type idiots" like Elon Musk. ;)

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Alexdube said:

also Elon Musk approved: 

Well, Elon Musk has the means to make it happen. ;)

• Astonished 1

I'd prefer to rob $200 million from a bank to fund Alita 2 and spend my life in prison being raped by thugs, than suffer through an Elon Musk funded Alita 2.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2

11 hours ago, Avatree said:

I'd prefer to rob $200 million from a bank to fund Alita 2 and spend my life in prison being raped by thugs, than suffer through an Elon Musk funded Alita 2.

And let's not forget Musk's constant legal problems...made worse by his inability to keep his mouth shut. 

Musk, as the saying goes, impresses the easily impressed....those who need a hero to worship, and are not particular about who they choose so long as he is "cool".

• Not Cool 1

Some good news for Alita. 

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/alita-battles-on-tops-disc-sales-for-second-week/

‘Alita’ Battles On, Tops Disc Sales for Second Week

JOHN LATCHEM

August 8, 2019

The 20th Century Fox sci-fi actioner Alita: Battle Angel was No. 1 for a second consecutive week on the NPD VideoScan First Alert chart, which tracks combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales, and the dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart the week ended Aug. 3.

The top three on both charts were unchanged from the previous week. Lionsgate’s Hellboy remake was No. 2 in its second week, followed by Warner’s Shazam! in its third.

The week’s top newcomer, the animated UglyDolls from Universal Pictures and STX Entertainment, debuted at No. 4 on both charts.

Another newcomer, the Lionsgate political romantic comedy Long Shot, entered the campaign at No. 5 on both charts.

The Sony Pictures thriller The Intruder bowed at No. 6 on the overall sales chart and No. 7 on the Blu-ray chart.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hey, I heard Disney suits killed all 20thCFox projects in development - but two.

Should the Shay get worried here??

42 minutes ago, Serg91 said:

I always wanted Comcast to buy Fox :whosad:

same

Nope, you shouldn't care. Alita 2 is NOT in development yet, so it can not be scraped.

But it will be in development soon.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Nope, you shouldn't care. Alita 2 is NOT in development yet, so it can not be scraped.

But it will be in development soon.

Shay speaking the truth as usual?

• Thanks 1

RECENT SUMMER OWs IN BULGARIA:

Aladdin --- 32 000 tickets (yay!!)

Spiderman 7 --- 18 000 tickets

Tarantino 9 --- 17 000 tickets

Alita --- 16 000 tickets

Toy Story 4 --- 6000 tickets!! (LOL! AHAHAHAHAH!!) - Funny fact, it actually lost the 1st place in its opening weekend to Annabelle 3, lol.

Pikachu --- 4000 tickets (lol)

Say what you will, but we obviously show MUCH better taste than the US (and Latin America).

Did anyone order that "Ultimate Collector's Edition" with the 4K, the book and a signed certificate?

I did order it and just wanted to leave a comment here: the certificate is fake. It's a shiny high quality print. But it's a print. 

Some of you may laugh that I was stupid enough to believe that it would be truly signed but I thought...maybe these three guys really want the sequel to happen and boost sales with this CE.

However the employees at Amazon saved my ass. They seriously wrapped that 200 US$ CE (with around +50 US$ für shipping) in a simple air cushion envelope without any more protection...for all the way from the United States to Germany.

Of course, the CE arrived with damaged packaging. The 4K blu ray, the book and the certificate were fine but the box around them looked like UPS used it as a doorstopper.

That's why I chatted with Amazon and will get a paid return for the CE to the United States and a full refund including shipping.

On the one hand I was hardly facepalming about the stupidity of Amazon to ship an item like this is such an inappropriate packaging but on the other hand they gave me the possibility to return that fake thing. I am a fan of the movie. I loved it (and do even more with each viewing). I have both German blu ray steelbooks (the 3D is AMAZING) but I will not pay 250 dollars for a bunch of collectibles. I would have paid these 250 dollars for the signatures, not for the stuff around them. 

Too bad. I still hope there will be a sequel. Disney is shitting money twice a day. They could use some money for ALITA2. Wouldn't hurt them. 

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

Not sure if this affects the possibility of a sequel but Robert Rodriguez is moving on to another project with Netflix. 

Robert Rodriguez and Netflix are getting into the superhero business together with a new sci-fi fantasy film We Can Be Heroes. Rodriguez is set to write, direct and produce the original film, with Priyanka Chopra starring and a supporting cast that includes Christian Slater, Boyd Holbrook, Sung Kang, and Pedro Pascal. From the sound of it, We Can Be Heroes...  See more »

A sequel so soon was never on the table. Only natural he wasn't going to wait around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

A sequel so soon was never on the table. Only natural he wasn't going to wait around.

I'm not buying that, the ending feeds directly into a sequel(s), they (Landau, Cameron, RR, Rosa) talked about it a lot (trilogy). Cameron is the one who warned everybody that if it doesn't make enough $ that will be it. I think RR was waiting or told to wait until the digital/physical release to see if it would catch fire and make enough to put the movie into the black. If Alita moves forward it won't be with RR as director, this new project will probably eat up 2 years of his time. Right now it's not looking good. 

• Not Cool 1

They better make it in FIVE years, or THE SHAY is going to make it!!

I don't know why Cameron plays it so stingy. In five years I may well have $10 million - and I'll give them all for the next Alita movie. The rest will come from investors, crowd-funding - maybe even Cameron will finally jump in.