MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | O_O

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Finally, one trailer is above 10M views on YouTube.

First trailer that was released in July has been over 10m since like august!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Ah right, it is the old one.

3.6M views for the one released last month, not great but not too bad. (especially since many other channels are at >1M views)

Edited by MrGlass2

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

11m since july? yikes.

Edited by TombRaider

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, I'm going to watch The Lego Movie Part 2 in the best cinema possible instead.

Yeah, there's a special place in hell for you for this. :) Thanks for choosing the worst possible title to make a counter-example for the best (Alita).

PS: In my country garbage like the LEGO merchandise is not shown in cinemas at all, as it is clearly not a cinema movie. If anyone watches it, they'd pirate it from a torrent at the most.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mulder said:

Positive early reactions don't really mean anything. Aquaman had basically raves and ended up becoming more mixed.

more mixed with critics which doesn't mean shit for boxoffice. Audience clearly loves Aquaman as they love BR and Venom despite critical disdain. If Alita clicks with audience WOM will do the trick like for those poorly or mediocre-reviewed movies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Yeah, there's a special place in hell for you for this. :)

Yeah, that's an overreaction.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Yeah, that's an overreaction.

Yeah, also a figure of speech. But I really hate the Lego movies and I wish they didn't exist at all. It is an abomination that befouls the sacred Silver Screen,

I don't know, maybe you people were brainwashed too much like children with this shit - but outside the West no one even knows or cares what Lego is (we had the same type of toys - but with many different names, not a capitalist monopoly like Lego), which eliminates the last and only reason for these ugly "movies" to exist. They belong to Youtube, not to Cinema.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

I don't know, maybe you people were brainwashed too much like children with this shit - but outside the West no one even knows or cares what Lego is, which eliminates the last and only reason for these ugly "movies" to exist. They belong to the amateur Youtube clips, not to the movies.

I don't think you have even seen The Lego Movie. I don't live in the west either. Also ugly? lmfao. It is probably the most detailed animated movie in the past 5 years. And yeah, a film for just children talks about creation, adulthood, the loss of individualism, religion, etc. Bitch, please. Get your bisases out of your way and actually watch the film. I guess you also hate Spider-verse because the guys who made The Lego Movie also wrote and produced Spider-verse. 

Watch The Lego Movie 2 make more money than Alita: Shit Angel. Your ignorant ass can have me go to hell all you want.

The Lego Movie was shown in Russian cinemas btw.

Edited by lorddemaxus

45 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Alita: Shit Angel

Wow. Brilliant. Never in a million years could I have thought of that myself. 😂

• Haha 3

Hollywood Reporter article on Rosa.

"Jim [Cameron] wrote me an email that said, 'I see her in you. She is yours now. ... I have lived with her for so long, and I am happy now she has found her body,'" Salazar says of her role in Alita: Battle Angel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rosa-salazar-abbreviated-bird-box-role-james-camerons-alita-1174582

shot_03_0848_rt_embed.jpg

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

more mixed with critics which doesn't mean shit for boxoffice. Audience clearly loves Aquaman as they love BR and Venom despite critical disdain. If Alita clicks with audience WOM will do the trick like for those poorly or mediocre-reviewed movies. 

Alita is a film tailerod for a big audience rather than critics who love oscar bait.

It will do better with the audience than the critics!

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Alita is a film tailerod for a big audience rather than critics who love oscar bait.

It will do better with the audience than the critics!

what's its competition in upcoming weeks and on OW? 

20 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Hollywood Reporter article on Rosa.

"Jim [Cameron] wrote me an email that said, 'I see her in you. She is yours now. ... I have lived with her for so long, and I am happy now she has found her body,'" Salazar says of her role in Alita: Battle Angel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rosa-salazar-abbreviated-bird-box-role-james-camerons-alita-1174582

shot_03_0848_rt_embed.jpg

Youre Cute Teen Wolf GIF