MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | O_O

24 minutes ago, Elessar said:

To be fair, Frosty loves pretty much anything. ;)

Oh yeah.  It's way harder to find something he didn't love, if that exists.

41 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

@IronJimbo

You'll be happy to know that BO Pro updated the long range forecast to 15.5m/44m!

Untitled.jpg

55 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

@IronJimbo

You'll be happy to know that BO Pro updated the long range forecast to 15.5m/44m!

they're already doubting themselves and nothings changed.

• Haha 3

Stop being so hurt about their predictions. Just enjoy the show and hope for the best. I'm hoping for a good movie and after that I'm hoping for it to do well at the box office. People have a right to be skeptical of its box office numbers though. It's not like RR is some big time director that's directed a bunch of recent hits. The film is not guaranteed to be a hit and nobody is bashing it by saying that. I'm still not predicting big numbers in North America if the tracking isn't there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

@IronJimbo

Coming for that 95.6% overseas gross.

9 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I actually have nothing against this film, I love teasing the overzealous fans in here not just for this movie but A2 as well.

Thus you admit trolling though, and trolling is bannable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

More thoughts from Paul...

Edited by vovin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

13 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Oh yeah.  It's way harder to find something he didn't love, if that exists.

One thing people need to understand is that MOST people only tweet or talk about the films or shows they love. I don't feel the need and many others don't to broadcast online that this or that sucks. You can be sure that Frosty and other bloggers, critics, whatever, see a ton of films every year, and see a ton they don't like or care for but they just don't talk about it.

So there you go. You could take a look at my timeline and say the same thing, I feel the need to let the filmmakers or any of the creators know that I love their stuff because they need to hear that. There's a ton of Oscar fare last year and the years before that I felt were overrated drivel but I'm not waste my breath spitting venom at those.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Who exactly is afraid here?  The guy that is using actual box office data and history to back up his claim or the guy that isn't?

You can say Alita will make this amount or that amount, but I am merely showing why it's not a guarantee for Alita to be #1 that weekend.  It very well could!

If you don't have anything to refute my data other than "James Cameron," you might as well say nothing at all.

You sound panicked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

The artistic success or failure of this movie will rest 100% on the shoulders of Cameron and his team which includes Director Rodriguez, that's fact. Alita even shares artistic director Dylan Cole (Avatar sequels) + WETA Digital/Lightstorm resources. 

Sequels are already mapped out - the ? is whether they will get the green light or not, that's up to moviegoers. 

Love the passion and work ethic RR has brought to this entire process. I really think Jim couldn't have picked a better to guy to hand it to. I just hope he gets the success he deserves both through and after this. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TombRaider said:

people over 13 year old enjoy the lego movies? yikes

Someone who shills Bohemian Rhapsody shouldn’t be criticizing other people’s opinions lmao

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

One thing people need to understand is that MOST people only tweet or talk about the films or shows they love. I don't feel the need and many others don't to broadcast online that this or that sucks. You can be sure that Frosty and other bloggers, critics, whatever, see a ton of films every year, and see a ton they don't like or care for but they just don't talk about it.

So there you go. You could take a look at my timeline and say the same thing, I feel the need to let the filmmakers or any of the creators know that I love their stuff because they need to hear that. There's a ton of Oscar fare last year and the years before that I felt were overrated drivel but I'm not waste my breath spitting venom at those.

Well, I kinda see what you are saying, but plenty of people tweet and talk about films they don't love.  That's how good or bad word of mouth happens.

Collider is his baby, he is there at every screening, junket, and everything in between.  While I'm sure you are right that he might just not talk about movies he doesn't like, he sure seems to love everything.  

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

You sound panicked. 

Why would I be panicked?  Because I might be wrong?  LMAO!  :hahaha:

I've been wrong way more than I've been right!

Try again!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Why would I be panicked?  Because I might be wrong?  LMAO!  :hahaha:

I've been wrong way more than I've been right!

Try again!  

This is common in doubters

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

This is common in doubters

The only two clubs I have made here are Looper and Pacific Rim getting 4x multipliers.  I was wrong on both accounts!  

Tell me how I was doubting them.

10 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

The only two clubs I have made here are Looper and Pacific Rim getting 4x multipliers.  I was wrong on both accounts!  

Tell me how I was doubting them.

The doubt I'm talking about is towards Cameron box office.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The doubt I'm talking about is towards Cameron box office.

You mean Rodriguez box office?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

You mean Rodriguez box office?

No.

Your Avatar 2 prediction is too low aswell.