Neo

Alita: Battle Angel | Feb 14 2019 | Fox | Robert Rodriguez to direct. Rosa Salazar to play the lead. | O_O

RIP Black Panther February crown.

RIP Captain Marvel, Lego Movie 2, How to Train Your Dragon 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

Pretty much same date as Black Panther. $700m here we come...

I get to see this in IMAX or Dolby now, so I'm a-ok with the change. At least Christmas has a tiny bit more breathing room now.

I knew Fox were going to move it. It would have gotten killed in December. They better find another way to market it because the way they were marketing it before was not working. It had very little hype.

wow, thanks James Cameron. I was wondering what i was gonna do for my girl on valentine's day next year but this got us covered.💘

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, the film is going to flop but Fox wants to find a way to make it flop less. I loved the Manga so I'm still going to go see it.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Fox China marketed it as a Cameron's work

They are marketing it as a Cameron film 😂😂😂

This has a chance of breaking out now... it’s a much better release date and more time to make a Good marketing campaign.

I don’t think the change it’s because “They know they have a flop”, it’s because they know it’s gonna been murdered against MPR / Spider / Aquaman / Bumblebee.

They moved it because it didn't have a chance of holding it's own, AKA, they expected a flop.

• Like 1

lolol at least this way people won't really notice when it flops

I still need to see a better trailer to change my predictions—so far it’s definitely flopping 

Well it looks like a very good release date, no direct competition for three weeks (until Captain Marvel) as far as I can tell. Much better than this Christmas.

I liked the second trailer but it wasn't as eye catching as the other Holiday films. And trailer views aren't everything but the trailer views weren't exactly stellar. Neither the first nor second trailer garnered as much interest as they should have.

I don't understand why Fox didn't just move Ad Astra onto this film's old date if they wanted a presence over X-Mas so badly. 

• Like 2

Looks like JC is running scared from Bumblebee. What a shocker. @IronJimbo :apocalypse:

revising my club to over Black Panther worldwide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 5
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

revising my club to over Black Panther worldwide.

I really admire your optimism but may I ask, how do you expect this movie to play out?

It's opening on a Thursday, so I'm expecting like 30 over the 4 days, ending with around 75 domestic if it's good. Overseas will probably be solid, around 200-230, but I don't see this playing better than a Maze Runner sequel