Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (7/30-8/1) | Jungle Cruise 34.2M DOM, 27.6 OS, 30M PA | Green Knight 6.78, Old 6.76, Widow 6.4, Stillwater 5.1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Here comes the Disney+ number again lol. 

Interesting that the numbers from Disney+ are so exact $30m and $60m. 

they are saying over both times , rounding off 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RRA said:

Cocaine.

Jokes aside, it’s that industry’s addiction to IP regardless of said IP has been successful or not. I mean rebooting Batman or Planet of the Apes, at least they were proven commodities are one time. 

The industry is only giving the paying public what they are willing to pay for.  From 2011 until Covid, there have been just 2 original IP in the top 10 (besides animation which is basically sold as Pixar, Disney, or Illumination).

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Personally, I'm miffed they didn't use "stillborn" for Stillwater. Like, c'mon, it would be perfect.

Stillwater actually did slightly better than I expected but that's because there was never much buzz or interest surrounding it in the first place. Even if it had made its original 2020 date, Matt Damon going full MAGA while trying to free his Amanda Knox stand-in daughter from prison for 2 hours was always going to have a tough time finding an audience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

And? What has that to do with anything. 

Its called/announced as consumer spending.

With the weekend box office numbers. Can’t be verified and they haven’t updated Black Widow since. So it seems like just a press release/PR play. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Not that bad for JC. International BO is awful. It will take a long time to recover

its in a bad shape but it also depends on the movie a quite place 2 , fast 9 have very decent os runs

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So what finish can we expect for BW? crawl over 200M or is that off the table?

The 180-185M range looks most likely. It's now behind the first Ant Man in dailies, following that movies daily numbers exactly would get it to 190+ from here, but it's behind that movie by about 30% daily and it held better going forward as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The 180-185M range looks most likely. It's now behind the first Ant Man in dailies, following that movies daily numbers exactly would get it to 190+ from here, but it's behind that movie by about 30% daily and it held better going forward as well.

No PA (and much less piracy) I like to think it would've passed 200 but that's purely academic at this point. 

• Like 1

That's a great opening for JC with all variables in consideration. Remove Premier Access and it probably would've made 45-50M. It's probably going to have good legs into mid-September as Free Guy is the only four-quad movie in August (which JC will have double features with).

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Can we assume Raya and Cruella were both sub $30m then, since they didn’t share?

Samba numbers are actually turning up quite nice. So I suppose Cruella did $40-50M PA in full run. Raya was bigger than Cruella on Nielsen, so probably a bit bigger/par Cruella.

• Like 1