Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (7/30-8/1) | Jungle Cruise 34.2M DOM, 27.6 OS, 30M PA | Green Knight 6.78, Old 6.76, Widow 6.4, Stillwater 5.1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Considering there's no way the film will open with as little as 27M with a 12M Friday, I will!

On the other hand, probably can’t get as high as 25 from just 10M Fri. The midpoint of 26 would be pretty reasonable for a Fri of 11.

Just now, Lokis Legion said:

10% drop on Sat (from True Fri) would be pretty shocking stuff. Not out of the question but 12 should probably take us to more like 28-29.5ish 

Considering families are the major reason for saturday boost and with Delta there is an impact(we saw BW getting hit bad on saturday which is unprecedented for MCU movie), why would it be even a surprise forget about being shocked. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Considering families are the major reason for saturday boost and with Delta there is an impact(we saw BW getting hit bad on saturday which is unprecedented for MCU movie), why would it be even a surprise forget about being shocked. 

I don’t think we’ve seen much to suggest a delta impact on Saturdays? In July Saturday’s have all been impacted by one or more of:

July 4th

streaming

bad reception  

So it is admittedly a little hard to untangle.   

Cruella is a pretty clear comp and increased 15% on Sat from TFri — of course the one issue there is it was only partial summer, so I do expect less here, maybe 0-5%

Edited by Lokis Legion

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Let’s circle back to this with Suicide Squad

And In the Heights was an utter failure despite the great reviews 

Great reviews, but not great audience reception, right?    

Not bad, just “good not great”/mixed.