Jake Gittes

Wes Anderson's Asteroid City | June 16, 2023 | Rated PG-13 for graphic nudity

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Wow he must've really pissed off Anderson 

Well, it turns out that Murray apparently got COVID as he was just about to shoot his “Asteroid City” scenes and that, in the process, his character was just scratched off the story. I presume he wasn’t an integral part of the movie to begin with, but who really knows …

This all comes to us straight from the higher-ups at Focus who want you to know that it was COVID that took Murray off of “Asteroid City” and NOT his alleged “misbehaviour” on the set of “Being Mortal.”

Bill Murray is Not in Wes Anderson’s ‘Asteroid City’ — World of Reel

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Wes seems to be going further into "self-parody" territory with each new movie but whatever, I'm obviously here for the great production values and seeing all these stars in one place.

I legit just texted my friend: 

I love how Wes Anderson has done like the same movie four times in a row, like he basically realize that Royal Tenenbaums was a good blueprint, and it’s just like doing the same thing over and over again, and yet no one’s is calling him out on his formulating shit Because it’s his “style”. 

You’re more talented than this, buddy. 

Haters get out. This is exactly what I was hoping for from Anderson after French Dispatch (the three plots and newspaper framing was overload. Film had no breathing room whatsoever) and Isle of Dogs (cute, but no Fantastic Mr. Fox). This looks weird, whimsical, visually unique (if you want to call it Anderson's house style and complain it's repetitive, fine, but at the end of the day it is HIS style), fantastic cast as always, and seems fairly self contained location-wise, like Moonrise Kingdom. I loved the bouncing around of Grand Budapest Hotel, but Moonrise Kingdom remains his masterpiece IMO.

Don't need to see anything else. Inject this into my veins.

• Like 1