Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** THE SUICIDE SQUAD SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

On 8/7/2021 at 11:17 PM, Dominic Brehetto said:

Overall it was a 3/10 for me. 

The opening gag of having a team assembled and then killed was already done by macgruber and deadpool 2 and it was done better by those movies by a million miles.

Characters just randomly trauma dump their tragic backstories to each other out of nowhere and it's such clunky writing. Gunn does this repeatedly in his films now.

He also does the taser face joke thing like in gotg 2 where he keeps repeating a joke over and over. By the 3rd or 4th time polka dot man sees his mom I just wanted the movie to end. Beside that I did like polka dot man a lot, until his he gets a pointless death in an unfunny gag.

The over the top violence didnt really add anything to the film and the majority of the humour is cringey juvenile stuff.

Ratcatcher 2 is the star of the film for me and one of the only things I found redeeming. Bloodsport is fine but he just deadshot again.

Harley was supremely boring in this. Her side plot was a huge waste of time and such a pace killer.

Most disappointing film of the year for me. 

My audience was about 20 people. I think the only time I heard the audience laugh was weasel not being able to swim.

Sigh. I want to love DC but they just dont make it easy.

Two great insights...the trauma dumps really were clunky, misplaced, tonally off, and just bad movie making.

And 2nd act was an utter and complete disaster.  Harley's scenes took one completely out of the other, better movie going on.  And why we put in Youtube meme videos randomly in that 2nd act (why is Harley spewing flowers in the 2nd act, but not #1 and #3) - right, we need something for ads...

And don't get me started on the ending rats.  So, the biggest, baddest gun ever made can't even dent Starro (see ZERO blood) and our Shark can at least get a bite, but it's rough...but tiny little rats can take down the big bad with their tiny little teeth, b/c those surely can do more damage that the gun that LITERALLY couldn't pierce the monster's skin and the shark that barely could...

And Polka Dot man's arc was wasted - one of the best characters, but never did he have a "I want to be a superhero" arc, so the whole death set up was stupid...

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 11:07 PM, Dominic Brehetto said:

I thought peacemaker was the worst character in the film and have no interest in watching his show.

Him even surviving was eye roll worthy.  Gets shot in the throat and left for dead in a building that then gets wrecked and falls apart by starro.

Yes - dude was bleeding out after a gun shot, and then subjected to a collapsed building, and was under there hours...he can't survive if he's anything like his comics...

And after killing Rick Flagg, I wouldn't want to see him anyway...way to make the character so unlikeable, you put off the whole audience for his show...

• Like 1