Borobudur

The Suicide Squad Weekend Thread: 26.6M Opening Weekend, 35M OS | Jungle Cruise 15.7 (-55%), Old 4.1 (-40%), Widow 4 (-38%), Stillwater 2.9 (-45%)

45 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

wait this is really good. 30m is not dead yet if we go by this.

This is just Canada though. And I’m new to analyzing the country’s numbers. I don’t know if Jungle Cruise over or under-indexed here

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

Will this be the movie to trigger the great migration of 2021 films into 2022? Matrix ain't making it folks.

I feel like WB is nonplused about this situation. Their priorities are wonky this year. This whole MAX movement felt like a concession and acceptance of 2021

I think other studios would be more concerned, especially if they don’t have a streaming service of their own or simultaneous VOD. 

46 minutes ago, CeltsGargle said:

Joker had a B+ and Wolf of Wall Street had a C. What's all the fuss about?

Inception also B+. 

Cinemascore is much like RT, IMO. WOWS C for example wasn't "everyone thinks it's mediocre" but "divisive, those who love it really love it, those who hate it really hate it". So in latter case, you can build a must-see WOM among crowd that likes that kind of a movie but also the crowd that would hate it could see it just because people were talking about it, like "you gotta see this to believe it". That's how Inception attained good legs. It became a watercooler talk so people who otherwise wouldn't care went to see it just so they could participate in the discussion. Same with Joker. 

48 minutes ago, AJG said:

Will this be the movie to trigger the great migration of 2021 films into 2022? Matrix ain't making it folks.

No, WB has HBOmax. Disney has Disney Plus, Uni has peacock, Paramount has paramount plus, etc. Sony, Lionsgate, etc might move or sell their films to streaming though. 

52 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Looks like about $10.1m or so for Friday.

That sounds too good to be true.

It was at 8.5m in tracking thread. We're evening shows that strong.

Let's wait for deadline. If that number holds .30m+ will be guaranteed.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Ignore my number, I'm an idiot and wasn't looking at the right info.  I'll update shortly.  

Don't do this. Or at least post a higher number. I already told a hater on Twitter it'll open above Birds Of Prey

• Haha 3