Borobudur

The Suicide Squad Weekend Thread: 26.6M Opening Weekend, 35M OS | Jungle Cruise 15.7 (-55%), Old 4.1 (-40%), Widow 4 (-38%), Stillwater 2.9 (-45%)

9 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Don't do this. Or at least post a higher number. I already told a hater on Twitter it'll open above Birds Of Prey

Friend, even if it does open higher you've already lost.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Will this be the movie to trigger the great migration of 2021 films into 2022? Matrix ain't making it folks.

Possibly. I don't see Spider-Man getting a Christmas release. Next year will be Spider-Man's 60th anniversary, they will release around there imho.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Possibly. I don't see Spider-Man getting a Christmas release. Next year will be Spider-Man's 60th anniversary, they will release around there imho.

if that were to move then DS2 would have to move. Not happening. 

The only potential moves are those coming up in the next couple of months due to this delta variant, and WB maybe moving a couple of massive films due to the HBO Max commitment promise for 2021. 

Beyond that, I don’t see anything moving. 

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

if that were to move then DS2 would have to move. Not happening. 

The only potential moves are those coming up in the next couple of months due to this delta variant, and WB maybe moving a couple of massive films due to the HBO Max commitment promise for 2021. 

Beyond that, I don’t see anything moving. 

I really wish there was someone taking bets on movie release date changes. I'd put £10 on The Eternals getting bumped.

35 minutes ago, AJG said:

I really wish there was someone taking bets on movie release date changes. I'd put £10 on The Eternals getting bumped.

you might be right. 
All I can say is that the situation the US is in right now with this variant is where we were in the U.K. maybe 4-6 weeks ago.  Much has changed over here and things are as close to ‘back to normal’ as we’ve been in 18 months. 

The trends are encouraging, so hopefully the US follows suit and things look much better by the end of September. 

1 hour ago, Gokira2012 said:

No numbers means Suicide Squad bombed, in other news 800 people died from covid yesterday and 130,000 people got infected

um ? we usually get official numbers in about 2-3 hours so thats normal mate........ also thats a box office thread but if you insist here is an intresting fact for you back in  may , may 4 to be exact the daily cases were 42k do you know how many people died that day ? 848 , while yesterday with 130k the deaths were at 800 , a lot of deaths sure and thats horrible, but % wise way less than before which is basically good news ..... and means that vaxx work ...

Edited by john2000

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Can't believe people in a few pages ago were discussing whether Snyder fans went to theaters last night just to review bomb The Suicide Squad on Cinemascore. :bagoverhead:

The Snyder Acolytes are too busy at home sitting through their 20th viewing of Army of the Dead trying to convince themselves that that shit was watchable. 

"OMG, does this embarrassingly on-the-nose easter egg mean the gang  is caught in a time loop?"

"Did you see the UFO? COULD THERE BE ALIENS??????"

4014563-5850416221-Eyebr.gif

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Just got out of The Suicide Squad and it was baller. People need to go see in on the big screen. 

Yeah i genuinely feel that the experience will vary a lot for this film - theatrical experience vs home.

I caught it in IMAX, best movie i have seen in theaters since start of the pandemic.

• Like 1