Borobudur

The Suicide Squad Weekend Thread: 26.6M Opening Weekend, 35M OS | Jungle Cruise 15.7 (-55%), Old 4.1 (-40%), Widow 4 (-38%), Stillwater 2.9 (-45%)

Just now, Krissykins said:

Any predictions for next weekend? 

Deadline referenced $19m for Free Guy. 

I think Respect and Don’t Breathe 2 could miss $10m. 

Based on current presales I'd go with:

Free Guy: 27M

Respect: 13M

Don't Breathe: 8M

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Everything you said is just anecdotal. 

You do realise that’s personal opinion, yeh?

I’m not a huge fan of Marvel films (usualy only watch them once at most), so Black Widow is actually my second favourite MCU film behind Avengers (2012). And that’s fine, because it’s about individual taste. :) 

Yeah but what I am saying is that at least I have watched the film, and scores from various sources at least shows it is lower tier MCU film. Isn’t this good considering that it means the Top or Middle tier movies are very well received?

Hence you misquoted me because I was clear in that one shouldn’t guarantee a film’s quality even before it is released or even before watching it - like that personal opinion doesn’t even exist yet so what is there to guarantee.

I mean Shang Chi may be MCU’s highest rated RT movie at 100% for all we know. I am not saying it is going to be bad; I am just saying we shouldn’t be guaranteeing something so early.

cheers that’s all and leaving it here.

23 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Not sure whether the BW I saw was the same film you did; or the Facebook comments from the various pages I follow are the same as yours. Obviously the theater and people I went with to watch the film didn’t like it and I can personally attest to it being one of the weakest MCU film - you also know A- is merely acceptable even you as a MCU fan. If Shang Chi has this type of reception; I can only wish it good luck - it probably needs much better actual audience reaction and WoM than BW.

”expecting” something is not the same as “guaranteeing”. Someone just guaranteed that it will be a good film. Wow.

I didn't say what i think of BW so i don't get your prase "not sure i saw the same movie you did".

What i think about the movie is irrelevant to my point so i don't even tell it, and what you personally think too. I talked about the general feeling of all MCU movies, that all was well received including BW which is clearly a low tier MCU but still have decent to good grades on all metrics, you can't call the reception bad even if you dislike it. I personally found it average but i'm not going to pretend this is a rule.

So considering MCU strike, yeah, expect Shang Chi to have at least a decent reception like all MCU movies is simply being realistic.

Anyway, i don't think this discussion will lead to anything very concrete so i'm finishing it here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

Moderation

Guys it's a whole page. You're not getting anywhere with TigerPaw. Think it's time to call it quits

Guys when I say this stuff I mean it. You don't need to have the last statement.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Horror has been extremely reliable over the last 18 months, but I feel like Don’t Breathe 2 is going to buck that trend and sink like a stone. Even fans of the first film (of which I am one) don’t seem bothered about it. No Jane Levy and a weird “the rapist is now the protagonist” storyline haven’t sat well with anybody.

• Like 2

If Shang Chi adds D+ PA option that wouldn't shock me given what's going on with Delta but I would be shocked if the DOM release date budged. Don't see that changing.

Someone brought up Snake Eyes, trailers for that looked trash to me outside of maybe the action. Looked serious to fault and lacked any element of fantasy. I think Chi has the better trailer at least for my taste. Plus, Chi has Leung, Yeoh and Awkwafina... So I prefer the cast a lot more. Just my two cents though.

Anyone see Annette yet? Trying to see that this week if I can...

3 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Horror has been extremely reliable over the last 18 months, but I feel like Don’t Breathe 2 is going to buck that trend and sink like a stone. Even fans of the first film (of which I am one) don’t seem bothered about it. No Jane Levy and a weird “the rapist is now the protagonist” storyline haven’t sat well with anybody.

Yes, totally agree! That’s my thoughts on it too. I’ll still go and see it this weekend to see how it plays out of course. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I loved the first one and honestly i think i'm not going to watch it. A sequel to that movie always seems pointless and after the trailer seems like they go to the worse route possible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Free Guys around 25m, I would love to above 30m though.

yeah , DB2 and Respect are mostly missing 10m.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Zero interest in Don't Breathe Again or whatever it's called. Still think it'll do close to 10M OW DOM. Super hyped for Candyman though. Glad that's right around the corner.

I am really bummed by the lack of promotion for Candyman , the first trailer made so much noise but after they went lowkey. Pandemic did play part but still

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The premiere is on August 16 and they can't delay without changing their whole schedule, so i think it will stay in that date.

I can see they adding the PA option tho.

Plus , it's screening in CinemaCon. No chance of getting delayed

• Like 1