Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Free Guy 28.4, Don't Breathe 10.6, Jungle Cruise 9, Respect 8.8, TSS 7.75

44 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

The thing is even HBO MAX is not available in UK in the first place. All 3 can be pirated in the best print so comparison does make sense. Although yes , Suicide Squad is rated 15+ as @Krissykins pointed out. 

The Jungle Cruise is definitely pirated 😏

37 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Free Guy - $10.1m or so

Jungle Cruise - $3.8m 

Don't Breathe 2 - $3.7m 

TSS - $3m

Respect - $2.85m

Old - $1m

30 minutes ago, Dominic Brehetto said:

So $7M or less weekend for TSS?

I’d guess $7.3-7.5m for TSS. $28.1m for Free Guy. $10.6m for Don’t Breathe 2 and $8.3m for Respect. Don’t Breathe 2 could beat Jungle Cruise after all. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’d guess $7.3-7.5m for TSS. $28.1m for Free Guy. $10.6m for Don’t Breathe 2 and $8.3m for Respect. Don’t Breathe 2 could beat Jungle Cruise after all. 

Kind of surprised by DB2. The trailers painting the character as an anti hero after the events of the first film turned me off completely and I really enjoyed the first.

11 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Way too low on Paw Patrol and Protege.  Likely way too low on everything.  

I had Paw Patrol at 10M but the TC seems to be just 2.700 theaters which is really low.

5 minutes ago, Dominic Brehetto said:

Kind of surprised by DB2. The trailers painting the character as an anti hero after the events of the first film turned me off completely and I really enjoyed the first.

It still won't do in total what the first did on OW so I guess it was a big turn off for most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's because Regal hasn't confirmed it yet due to the Paramount+ release

If it gets a standard 3.500+ TC I will increase my prediction to 10M OW. The fact that it will be on Paramount+ will hurt it no matter what.

It would be really good if Free Guy was over 30M but that was dead since the previews came out.

Also a shame that TSS and Respect aren't both over 10M, like Don't Breathe 2.

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It would be really good if Free Guy was over 30M but that was dead since the previews came out.

Also a shame that TSS and Respect aren't both over 10M, like Don't Breathe 2.

If FG preview can come at 2.5m or 2.6m, then the chances are higher. This is box office, from the day when the preview number are out, the box office range are pretty much locked due to carry over effect. 

48 minutes ago, Dominic Brehetto said:

The trailer seems that way, but it’s not really. It’s addressed in the film. 

Unfortunately, I didn’t feel any suspense or scares, compared to the first. Some good gore, but I’d say a 2/5. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

UK hold has less to this factor , every movie held great in UK. Jungle Cruise which is available on Disney+ UK only dropped about 15% I think. Someone already pointed out that in this thread. I think it's summer vacation or something in UK right now

SJ2 multiplier in UK is now over 7 and was released before the holidays.

HBO Max is killing Warner movies in NA.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1