Eric Duncan

Cinemacon 2021 Discussion Thread | Clifford gets screened!

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Well, someone needed confidence in this movie.

Honestly this reads to me Sony has zero confidence in the rest of their slate if stuff like Uncharted and Morbius is only getting 5 seconds from a sizzle reel. Wack!

• Like 3

I was really hoping they'd say "SIKE" and move Venom back to that September 24 spot.

Can't believe they're still following thru with that shit

Apparently there r No Time To Die posters around at cinemacon with that October 8 spot, so that doesn't seem like it's moving up a week. Sony gotta pray Halloween goes to October 1. The absolute clownery is blowing my mind with these release dates

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I was really hoping they'd say "SIKE" and move Venom back to that September 24 spot.

Can't believe they're still following thru with that shit

Apparently there r No Time To Die posters around at cinemacon with that October 8 spot, so that doesn't seem like it's moving up a week. Sony gotta pray Halloween goes to October 1. The absolute clownery is blowing my mind with these release dates

I doubt they will move up anything until SC test the water for real. 

55 minutes ago, Free Eric said:

Honestly this reads to me Sony has zero confidence in the rest of their slate if stuff like Uncharted and Morbius is only getting 5 seconds from a sizzle reel. Wack!

Sony has also sent like a dozen movies to streaming since the pandemic started. I get the sense morale mustn't be very strong at that particular studio these days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Holy fucking shit.  We have a MASSIVE crowd pleasing blockbuster being released this November.  

If you're referring to what I think you are, Twitter is already (semi) on fire after the Ghostbusters screening.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Is it crowd pleasing because its full of Ghostbuster nostalgia or is it crowd pleasing on its own?

Yes.  

This isn't "I got to see it first at a festival or a screening so I'm going to flood the internet with positive hyperbole".  It is a legitimately good, funny, thrilling, hilarious, heartwarming film.  To say this will play huge in November is a complete understatement.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Yes.  

This isn't "I got to see it first at a festival or a screening so I'm going to flood the internet with positive hyperbole".  It is a legitimately good, funny, thrilling, hilarious, heartwarming film.  To say this will play huge in November is a complete understatement.  

Oh im sorry I swear I wasn't trying to excuse you of that just trying to get some perspective

2 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Oh im sorry I swear I wasn't trying to excuse you of that just trying to get some perspective

For sure and didn't think you were, was just trying to give some perspective on my thoughts.  So many times a movie plays at a festival or something like this and gets festival fever, but this isn't one of those times.  

• Like 1

I can't help but take CinemaCon buzz with a grain of salt until a movie's actual release after being burned too many times by them. Remember "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is the next Life of Pi" or the last Pirates of the Caribbean screening in its entirety to raves and "return of the franchise" buzz? Oops.

Although I think we can all agree it's usually their (paid) awards that end up aging the worst. Looking at their Star of Tomorrow winners over the years reveals a bunch of people whose careers ended up going nowhere.

• Like 1