WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread: Candyman 22.37M OW | Free Guy 13.5M, PAW Patrol 6.6M, Jungle Cruise 5M

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

On a side note, in case @EmpireCitygets banned (which is possible at this point), does anyone else have access to numbers like they do? Maybe that Jatinder guy does. Either way, a potential hole that should not remain so.

I'm not getting banned.  Eric said his piece, I said I won't upset him anymore.  It's all good.  

Your numbers guy isn't going anywhere.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Almost every single time that happens, you have a big preview number + Friday, then a drop on Saturday followed by a bigger than normal drop on Sunday. 

THIS.

Best measure to see the drop of a film is to see 2nd SAT-SUN drop from first weekend.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

Hmm, I dunno, 1st sun drop has a lot to do with demos and seasonality. If you built a model to predict 2nd weekend drop from Sun drop might find it getting p tricky to beat some comparably simple baselines.

PS - On next weekend, not sure if this has been mentioned, but Cinderella - yes, that Cinderella kicked all around the schedule til we assumed it was bought for a full digital only Amazon Prime release - is getting a theatrical release day and date through the Cinemark chain...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, Lokis Legion said:

Anyway, gotta go to bed. Numbers for this weekend, where the story is Candyman, are gonna roll in soon so I am happy to wrap this tangent up here:  

50M 3day would be, like, okay I guess. Better/high end of many recent expectations

60M would be pretty strong

70M would be excellent

80M would be extremely slammin’  

It’s probably going for like 69+- 6, though I would love an upside surprise.

If it opens 69, Bill & Ted would be pleased.

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

PS - On next weekend, not sure if this has been mentioned, but Cinderella - yes, that Cinderella kicked all around the schedule til we assumed it was bought for a full digital only Amazon Prime release - is getting a theatrical release day and date through the Cinemark chain...

It's getting released on additional theaters other than Cinemark as well.  It did get bought for a full digital Amazon Prime release, but it has language in the original contract that it needs to be released in something like 100+ theaters for X amount of time.  Same thing as the upcoming Kristen Bell movie from STX that was sold to Paramount+.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I think that’s going to do big numbers for Amazon. It’s getting ripped apart on Twitter for that viral “flash mob” video though 😂