WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread: Candyman 22.37M OW | Free Guy 13.5M, PAW Patrol 6.6M, Jungle Cruise 5M

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

hm....after your final warning....his next comment didnt have an overly agressive attitude but oh well

Even so, his behavior and postings, specifically his "I was right about everything and people are upset about that", is basically him positioning himself with the condescending, "holier than thou" persona he was parroting last night. He basically said he would be better, not because he ackowledged his faults or respected the staff's wishes, but because he's right and everybody else is an idiot. He was literally doing the same thing he did last night, but tried to do it in a way he thought he wouldn't get caught. And I'm not gonna let this kind of backhanded apology stuff slide.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eric Robitaille said:

Even so, his behavior and postings, specifically his "I was right about everything and people are upset about that", is basically him positioning himself with the condescending, "holier than thou" persona he was parroting last night. He basically said he would be better, not because he ackowledged his faults or respected the staff's wishes, but because he's right and everybody else is an idiot. He was literally doing the same thing he did last night, but tried to do it in a way he thought he wouldn't get caught. And I'm not gonna let this kind of backhanded apology stuff slide.

Jeez. It's against the rules and worthy of a month suspension to think you know more than others and let that be known in a civil manner? How sensitive are you? These are rhetorical questions, by the way, as it seems you're more interested in being the biggest fish in your small puddle than anything else and can't bear to have your "authority" disrespected, but whatever--his box office updates were a big reason I came here so without that I guess I have no use for this place. Peace out!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Eric Robitaille said:

I mean, I usually try to keep a level head when I post on here, and try not to engage in petty posting etc. But EC certainly isn’t the worst offender here, and while I’m not defending his behaviour per se, I think there are a few other members on here who have deserved suspensions for similar behaviour that never got them. 

• Like 6

Yeah I love the board administrators and don't want to contradict them, but it's not exactly a bannable offensive just to be annoying. EmpireCity can definitely be a dick but he adds real value to the boards that we would lose by suspending and pissing him off tbh.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

Jeez. It's against the rules and worthy of a month suspension to think you know more than others and let that be known in a civil manner? How sensitive are you? These are rhetorical questions, by the way, as it seems you're more interested in being the biggest fish in your small puddle than anything else and can't bear to have your "authority" disrespected, but whatever--his box office updates were a big reason I came here so without that I guess I have no use for this place. Peace out!

BfZ8RR9.gif

I don't really care about EC's numbers, because we have that already, but I do like insider info and advanced word on movies and what studios are doing. He's clearly high up somewhere, despite his personality, and I do think it's an asset to the board to have as much inside info as possible.

But on the other hand Eric did warn him and he's done this alot so kind of had it coming tbh.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I mean, I usually try to keep a level head when I post on here, and try not to engage in petty posting etc. But EC certainly isn’t the worst offender here, and while I’m not defending his behaviour per se, I think there are a few other members on here who have deserved suspensions for similar behaviour that never got them. 

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yeah I love the board administrators and don't want to contradict them, but it's not exactly a bannable offensive just to be annoying. EmpireCity can definitely be a dick but he adds real value to the boards that we would lose by suspending and pissing him off tbh.

Well the reason is simple: he got to 10 warning points. Generally speaking, we only ban people when they reach 10 points, unless we find it to be absolutely necessary, and even then you'd have to do something really bad to make that happen. This gives folks a chance to realize their mistakes and clean up their attitude. Simply put, a lot of posters, while they may be frequent in their offensive or obnoxious postings, will at least quiet down once they start getting points. I know that's not the best system in the world, but it's certainly more fair to folks who don't know any better.

And while his value of early box office numbers and advance word is nice, that doesn't excuse one's behavior. You could have the meaning of life, but if you can't be respectful on the boards, you can't post here, at least for a little while.

And really, a one month suspension is about as light of a suspension as you can get here. He'll be back before you know it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

In the meantime, we can count this as a win for @charlie Jatinder since his main competition in numbers is gone for September.

tbf Charlie sadly doesn't have proper sources right now I think ,so he has to interpret the tracking and at all. Charlie and Rth are really good insiders when it comes to box office.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Robitaille said:

Well the reason is simple: he got to 10 warning points. Generally speaking, we only ban people when they reach 10 points, unless we find it to be absolutely necessary, and even then you'd have to do something really bad to make that happen. This gives folks a chance to realize their mistakes and clean up their attitude. Simply put, a lot of posters, while they may be frequent in their offensive or obnoxious postings, will at least quiet down once they start getting points. I know that's not the best system in the world, but it's certainly more fair to folks who don't know any better.

And while his value of early box office numbers and advance word is nice, that doesn't excuse one's behavior. You could have the meaning of life, but if you can't be respectful on the boards, you can't post here, at least for a little while.

And really, a one month suspension is about as light of a suspension as you can get here. He'll be back before you know it.

Yeah except frankly I don't think he'll be back.

I understand the decision but I think it's not good for forum right now. We need numbers to keep discussion alive in threads as deadline has also stopped posting mid-day updates.

Plus , good to here someone's insight on Hollywood

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Robitaille said:

Moderation

Well, I looked over the situation and upon reading the feedback from many posters here, I have revoked @EmpireCity of his suspension. He is free to post once again with just 4 warning points to his name.

However, this does not mean EC is completely off the hook. I still expect him to treat BOT members more respectfully, to cut down on his condescending, passive-aggressive behavior, and attacks on other members and the staff. No holier than thou persona, no "I was right all along neener neener", no insults on people who are being pessimistic. If he can not do this, he will get suspended again. And @EmpireCity I expect you, even if you don't like how I treated you today, to still follow these rules, because you are on a short, short, short leash.

Thank you. This is nice