WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread: Candyman 22.37M OW | Free Guy 13.5M, PAW Patrol 6.6M, Jungle Cruise 5M

12 minutes ago, Eric Robitaille said:

Moderation

Well, I looked over the situation and upon reading the feedback from many posters here, I have revoked @EmpireCity of his suspension. He is free to post once again with just 4 warning points to his name.

However, this does not mean EC is completely off the hook. I still expect him to treat BOT members more respectfully, to cut down on his condescending, passive-aggressive behavior, and attacks on other members and the staff. No holier than thou persona, no "I was right all along neener neener", no insults on people who are not being pessimistic. If he can not do this, he will get suspended again. And @EmpireCity I expect you, even if you don't like how I treated you today, to still follow these rules, because you are on a short, short, short leash.

You know, I don't know if I want to post here any longer after this today.  I'll have to think about it going forward.  I very openly share lots of info here and while I get into spirited back and forths with posters, I never go over the line with them.  We argue hard, but are adults and it never went to open trolling or worse.  Sometimes they give me shit and sometimes I give them shit and then we get right back to numbers.  There was no disrespect involved.  

I hope I have the right, for at least this post, to tell you what you did was out of line.  I also know the people here and those above you told you it was out of line.  I didn't have 10 points to my name, you "warned" me and then almost immediately hit me with exactly as many points it took to get me to 10 points so you could justify banning me.  

Instead of another threat about a short, short, short leash, maybe you should just man up and apologize for getting a bit too zealous with your mod powers.  

Either way, I'm done talking with you about it or talking about it.  I want to talk box office and film info and numbers.  Leave me alone and let us all do that here.  

Thank you.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

So... what are we thinking for Candyman legs? 4-day weekend next week will help soften the drop, but Shang Chi is going to suck a ton of air out of the room. And I’m having a hard time gaging word of mouth (seemed like it would be poor, but the IM was solid).

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You know, I don't know if I want to post here any longer after this today.  I'll have to think about it going forward.  I very openly share lots of info here and while I get into spirited back and forths with posters, I never go over the line with them.  We argue hard, but are adults and it never went to open trolling or worse.  Sometimes they give me shit and sometimes I give them shit and then we get right back to numbers.  There was no disrespect involved.  

I hope I have the right, for at least this post, to tell you what you did was out of line.  I also know the people here and those above you told you it was out of line.  I didn't have 10 points to my name, you "warned" me and then almost immediately hit me with exactly as many points it took to get me to 10 points so you could justify banning me.  

Instead of another threat about a short, short, short leash, maybe you should just man up and apologize for getting a bit too zealous with your mod powers.  

Either way, I'm done talking with you about it or talking about it.  I want to talk box office and film info and numbers.  Leave me alone and let us all do that here.  

Thank you.  

King! Let them know!

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

So... what are we thinking for Candyman legs? 4-day weekend next week will help soften the drop, but Shang Chi is going to suck a ton of air out of the room. And I’m having a hard time gaging word of mouth (seemed like it would be poor, but the IM was solid).

I think with the WOM and the pattern it is showing this weekend, there is more than enough space for it to keep running.  Usually most theaters would be pretty full, but so many of the 8/20 releases bombed so badly that they are going to get cleared out and there is a ton of room.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Thank you.  

Hey, you're more than free to tell me I'm out of line. I know I'm not perfect, and if people have a problem with what I do or an action I make, they're free to tell me about it. I may not always agree, but I'm always willing to listen.

And while I still feel somewhat justified in a few of my decisions, I do recognize I can be impulsive and strict when it's unneeded and I should have really looked over the situation better. So I'll say upfront that I'm sorry for my harsh actions and I will try and be more cautious on this kind of front. You don't have to accept my apology, but I hope you understand that I only do what I do over what I think is for the best of the forum and not out of any malicious intent.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Eric Robitaille said:

Hey, you're more than free to tell me I'm out of line. I know I'm not perfect, and if people have a problem with what I do or an action I make, they're free to tell me about it. I may not always agree, but I'm always willing to listen.

And while I still feel somewhat justified in a few of my decisions, I do recognize I can be impulsive and strict when it's unneeded and I should have really looked over the situation better. So I'll say upfront that I'm sorry for my harsh actions and I will try and be more cautious on this kind of front. You don't have to accept my apology, but I hope you understand that I only do what I do over what I think is for the best of the forum and not out of any malicious intent.

You call this an apology??  How about you get down on your knees and......

Just kidding.  Let's get back to numbers.  All good.  

• Astonished 1

Look EmpireCity, you had so many people asking for you back that a suspension got revoked for the first time, so I think that's good reason to keep posting. And Eric has been a man to admit mistakes and make the right decision. It's over. Go Candyman. Move Venom 2 back to September 24th please.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

We need @WrathOfHan's predictions for December!

Ok

Wolf: 3/7

West Side Story: 20/120

Violence of Action: 8/20

Spider-Man: 110/420

Sing: 40/200

Matrix: 50/140 (thanks HBO Max!)

The King's Man: 15/55

American Underdog: 10/50

Soggy Bottom: 8/35

A Journal for Jordan: 3/9

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I think with the WOM and the pattern it is showing this weekend, there is more than enough space for it to keep running.  Usually most theaters would be pretty full, but so many of the 8/20 releases bombed so badly that they are going to get cleared out and there is a ton of room.  

I feel like 55-65 should be a good target. September is dead apart from Shang-Chi so I could see it developing some decent late legs to get close to a 3 multi.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Ok

December is kind of empty, no? Only Spidey and WSS could do some damage. Matrix is on HBO Max so i don't expect it to have good legs.

I was largely anti West Side Story for awhile but then I recognized it was my own personal bias and disinterest in the movie clouding my better judgement. A big-budget West Side Story directed by Steven Spielberg on Christmas? That's catnip to the olds and the people who see musicals. It's gonna make $$$$$ assuming fairly normal box office.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

December is kind of empty, no? Only Spidey and WSS could do some damage. Matrix is on HBO Max so i don't expect it to have good legs.

Downton Abbey shouldn't have moved (unless it needs more time in post). I'm assuming Nightmare Alley will get a decent footprint over Christmas; maybe more than SOW and Favourite's 800 theaters?

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I was largely anti West Side Story for awhile but then I recognized it was my own personal bias and disinterest in the movie clouding my better judgement. A big-budget West Side Story directed by Steven Spielberg on Christmas? That's catnip to the olds and the people who see musicals. It's gonna make $$$$$ assuming fairly normal box office.

I was bar hopping at the end of July the night WSS ads flooded the Olympics. It and Sing 2 were inescapable :hahaha: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ok

I would be shocked if Wolf holds that date.  Focus didn't say anything about it at CinemaCon, it has no poster, no trailer and doesn't seem like they will have it stick there.