charlie Jatinder

Shang Chi and The Legend of Ten Rings International Thread.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The rating on WMOOV has improved a LOT. 7.4/10 after initial 5.9 which mean actual is around 8+

Bro... that is not how Wmoov works. I emailed them and asked before. Basically WMOOV uses the the RT critics score,RT audience, IMDB score and lastly score on their website and divided by 4. Why it went higher is because last week RT critics and audience score were not updated - takes usually 3 - 4 days.

If you want to know local taste, HKmovie6 is more reliable.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Bro... that is now how Wmoov works. I emailed them and asked before. Basically WMOOV uses the the RT critics score,RT audience, IMDB score and lastly score on their website and divided by 4. Why it went higher is because last week RT critics and audience score were not updated - takes usually 3 - 4 days.

If you want to know local taste, HKmovie6 is more reliable.

In that site shang holds a 3,7 rating ....way better than the previous 3,2....i dont know how the review bombing is right now...though i would imagine that the real score could be 4 or so....anyways

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Told you Asia's hold will surprise. There is almost no competiton, even Dune next week has not much hype here.

this also prob means that the reception is great...competition or not if the reception is bad/average it will sho for sure....but maybe i am wrong

34 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

$7M (-45% LW) 2nd FRI. Total $86M.

FSS will be $28-29M (-40% LW). $200M INT seems likely without China. Will need either of INDO/MAL or AUS missing 70% release though. If both happens in time, probably $210-220M.

Malaysia only will cinemas open some cities; not across the country.

AUS will help.

17 minutes ago, john2000 said:

still that probably would mean that the rest wont be that far from opening..

Eh - that guess has 0 backing though.

Different states in Malaysia are categorized by different status based on the COVID situation in each state. 

And you can only hope the other states open before Mid Oct. Malaysia is known for piracy..

• Like 1

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

Few more FRI holds

Korea -45%

Hong Kong -10%

Taiwan -39%

UK - 53% (Weekend will be -40%)

France - 30%

Spain -37%

Germany weekend -15%

Argentina -35%

thats some AMAZING holds..hopefully dune doesnt hit it hard next week