charlie Jatinder

Shang Chi and The Legend of Ten Rings International Thread.

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i am more worried about europe if anything...but thanfully the reception is very strong there for shang so... 

Yeah might see a dip in Europe next week.

I don’t think Dune is releasing in all European countries, at least not the UK and Ireland. So should stay solid there at least.

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i am more worried about europe if anything...but thanfully the reception is very strong there for shang so... 

It will be in its third week. Don't need shitload of screens.

In normal times, it would be facing competition in next week or 3rd week for sure. Nothing to worry.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

210M possible. If Indo & Mal do well and AUS open up $225M.

Theaters in Indonesia have been closed for more than 2 months after we became the world epicenter of Covid in July, just after F9 broke the pandemic record. Now that the cases have gone down significantly (today we recorded one of the lowest daily case numbers in a year), the theaters are expected to open soon on September 14, but still not confirmed. It depends on goverment regulation that will be announced on September 13. Even if the regulation finally allows it, I still don't know how many theaters will be open, and how many screens will be available. Also I think Black Widow will be released first, and then Shang-Chi later. But I can feel that the excitement for Shang-Chi right now is through the roof.

Edited by catlover

8 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Only opens in Malaysia on 7th October. That's 1 week before D+ release?

almost....but we dont really know what will happen after that....for example free guy is not on d+ yet....also is the service avaible there  ?

PS shang chi opens on 7 oct ?

Edited by john2000

19 minutes ago, john2000 said:

almost....but we dont really know what will happen after that....for example free guy is not on d+ yet....also is the service avaible there  ?

PS shang chi opens on 7 oct ?

Malaysia is know for Piracy, lol.

list of movies and their release dates here

https://www.facebook.com/61846747274/posts/10160290191937275/?d=n

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, john2000 said:

isnt it weird that they are showing bond before  shang ?

Distributor's decision. Not cinemas.

Disney wants BW, Jungle Cruise out first.

Anyway Bond being day-and-date with other countries is good; Malaysia cannot keep playing catch-up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Distributor's decision. Not cinemas.

Disney wants BW, Jungle Cruise out first.

Anyway Bond being day-and-date with other countries is good; Malaysia cannot keep playing catch-up. 

i see....oh well i guess it is what it is... i wonder what ow for shang will look like or bw for that matter..

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Awful we have not any release date for China

agreed...however again at this point it will break even and also make some decent profit...so in the end all good now would it be very good if it was also released in china ? hell yes that would add 100-200 mill to its ww cume....but it is what it is....anyway...we will know by the end of sept early oct what will happen for sure if i had to guess