Jump to content
charlie Jatinder

Shang Chi and The Legend of Ten Rings International Thread.

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Awful we have not any release date for China

Haha, people overseas care more about the China release than Chinese themselves.

 

They have a lot of big local blockbusters come out this weekend (Mid Autumn Festival) abd 30th Sep (National Day Holiday)... think they don't really think too much about this film not releasing there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Haha, people overseas care more about the China release than Chinese themselves.

 

They have a lot of big local blockbusters come out this weekend (Mid Autumn Festival) abd 30th Sep (National Day Holiday)... think they don't really think too much about this film not releasing there.

dude the average moviegoer in general..just dont really care..if you showed a movie good if then...thats ok too.I also dont  really understand why you are being like that every time someone mentions shang chi china release.....did it ever occur to you that maybe some people including me want a china date...bc shang its a great movie and deserves to reach its potential ? there is no need to make a comment everytime someone mentions the china date.....

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, john2000 said:

dude the average moviegoer in general..just dont really care..if you showed a movie good if then...thats ok too.I also dont  really understand why you are being like that every time someone mentions shang chi china release.....did it ever occur to you that maybe some people including me want a china date...bc shang its a great movie and deserves to reach its potential ? there is no need to make a comment everytime someone mentions the china date.....

Hem… how many great movies are there such as “Hi Mum” from China or Ip Man series from Hong Kong deserves to open wide in other countries including the states. Those are great movies too and deserves more runaway and more people to watch them as well.

 

do you hope for the best for these films too? Or because they are not MCU films you don’t really care? :) 

 

 

  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Hem… how many great movies are there such as “Hi Mum” from China or Ip Man series from Hong Kong deserves to open wide in other countries including the states. Those are great movies too and deserves more runaway and more people to watch them as well.

 

do you hope for the best for these films too? Or because they are not MCU films you don’t really care? :) 

 

 

of course i do..every great movie deserves the chance to reach its full financial potential mcu or not...

Edited by john2000
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think till we don't get any announcement on date, China numbers or release date are not worth discussing. Consider Shang Chi $0 gross in China and move on.

If it get the date, bravo, if not well there's nothing anyone can do.

 

Also, I hope everyone stop asking about China date, if there is any update @Gavin Feng will be more than eager to tell.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think till we don't get any announcement on date, China numbers or release date are not worth discussing. Consider Shang Chi $0 gross in China and move on.

If it get the date, bravo, if not well there's nothing anyone can do.

 

Also, I hope everyone stop asking about China date, if there is any update @Gavin Feng will be more than eager to tell.

 

last year marvel held the program with local streaming giant bilibili. We thought it was a prelude, now it looks more like a funeral.

 

Marvel-Studios-Musical-Medley.jpg

  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Hem… how many great movies are there such as “Hi Mum” from China or Ip Man series from Hong Kong deserves to open wide in other countries including the states. Those are great movies too and deserves more runaway and more people to watch them as well.

 

do you hope for the best for these films too? Or because they are not MCU films you don’t really care? :) 

 

 

Different situation to be fair. It's not like the USA has blocked the release of Ip Man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, john2000 said:

new zealand opens next week

Without Auckland which is our biggest market and with social distancing measures. NZ was already a small market but this isn't going to add much. 

 

On top of that Auckland would have heavily over indexed as most of Chiwi (Chinese Kiwi) population is in Auckland. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Without Auckland which is our biggest market and with social distancing measures. NZ was already a small market but this isn't going to add much. 

 

On top of that Auckland would have heavily over indexed as most of Chiwi (Chinese Kiwi) population is in Auckland. 

when does Auckland open ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, john2000 said:

when does Auckland open ?

Don't know.

 

Right now we are Level 4 at least until next Tuesday then after that Level 3 which is also still no cinemas. Maybe some time in October depending on what happens with the outbreak. 

 

Rest of the country is Level 2 which is a limit of 50 people at an indoor setting with social distancing (2m distance) with mandatory mask wearing, so don't know how many people will opt for that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i heard that shang chi opens in indo next week... is it true ?

A tweet from Marvel Indonesia an hour ago says September but no clear date. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To put things in some perspective, here's top Hollywood movies Post CoVID in same markets as Shang Chi is released.

 

F9 - $308M

Tenet - $222M

BW - $190M

GvK - $141M

 

Shang Chi is currently $115M, will probably finish around $200M.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

To put things in some perspective, here's top Hollywood movies Post CoVID in same markets as Shang Chi is released.

 

F9 - $308M

Tenet - $222M

BW - $190M

GvK - $141M

 

Shang Chi is currently $115M, will probably finish around $200M.

 

any chance it reaches tenet without the rest of aus,indo, mal etc ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

To put things in some perspective, here's top Hollywood movies Post CoVID in same markets as Shang Chi is released.

 

F9 - $308M

Tenet - $222M

BW - $190M

GvK - $141M

 

Shang Chi is currently $115M, will probably finish around $200M.

 

 

To me this is why studios are hesitant with releasing movies and are having that internal debate whether to move them or not.  The domestic numbers, at least for the bigger\more known titles, are starting to come around although still down quite a bit.  But they need those international numbers to improve dramatically in order for some of these movies to be successful.  It will be interesting to see how the next few movies (Dune, NTTD, and Venom) perform at the international BO as they seem to be more reliant on those markets.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2021 at 6:03 PM, john2000 said:

i heard that shang chi opens in indo next week... is it true ?

Yes, I read somewhere it's scheduled to be released on Sept 22. The theaters open tomorrow (Sept 16) with Black Widow, The Suicide Squad, a couple Korean movies, and rerelease of F9. And then Shang-Chi, and then No Time to Die on Sept 29.

 

Edit: It is official now

 

Edited by catlover
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.